2000 Accord 4dr weight loss

Reaction score
Hey guys mainly all I'm wondering is what can I do to lose some weight in my car why is it SO HEAVY! I've removed the passenger and rear seats for cleaning at one point but I didn't notice a difference for real, what have any of you done or what can I do to drop maybe 200 pounds if possible I don't wanna hack on it or anything though just wondering if it's possible thanks!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
200lbs is a lot of weight to try and remove without fully gutting the car. You might be able to get half of that removing a few things but it really depends on how far you want to take it.

Rear seats
A/c system
Sunroof
Tar/sound deadening
All interior plastics

Reaction score
That's what I figured lol I don't want to do much unless I pull off the swap I want which will involve the car getting gutted and only having a harness bar and bucket seats lol but my car already didn't have a sunroof so that's good I guess though a sunroof is nice at times and I love my A/C I just know that an f23 swap is pretty fast in a Civic I wish the accord was at that weight but then again a 4Dr accord isn't built for all out performance lol

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Yeah 200lbs is a lot.

Replacing the flywheel with a lightweight one.

Replace pulleys with aluminum pulleys. Remove speakers and speaker wiring. Lightweight wheels.

Remove sway bars lol

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Carbon fiber: Hood, deck lid and fenders(fenders might not be much of a difference though). Light weight forged wheels, pulleys and 8lb aluminum flywheel as mentioned above. An aftermarket header is lighter than oem, remove oem air intake(all of it)and use a short ram intake(much lighter).

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I removed ~240lb by shaving all the seam sealer, sound deadening, and gutting the whole car from behind the back seats, backwards. I also have a CF hood and don't care about passengers.

How's that for a diet..

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a coupe -

Removed - a/c system, cruise control, all sound deading, rear seats, trunk carpet/lining, power steering, carbon hood & trunk, interior plastics/trim, carpet...etc

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hmm...I think that weight reduction would have been more effective if you didn't throw it all in your trunk. :lawl:

Back