2000 Accord Coupe Brake Lights

mrfixit

Reaction score
Hey, I haven't had a chance to check for continuity between the green wire and the grounds yet - my wife was fairly sick last night, so no working on the car for me.

mrfixit

Reaction score
OK, so there IS continuity between the GRN wire and the Ground. I'll double check it again tonight to make sure I didn't make some mistake, but I'm fairly certain this is the problem, since I can't jump the WHT/BLK to the GRN wire.

Any suggestions on how to determine where in the wire the problem is? Or should I just cut the GRN wire just before each connector and run entirely new wire?

chaby_91

Reaction score
^ Did you make sure to unplug the wire from every light bulb? This is very important.

If you did, find the splice where one green wire splits into 4. Remove the crimp (or cut the wires if easier) then do the ground/continuity test again with every green wire. Once you find the culprit, you can either try to find the short and fix it or completely replace the wire.

Good luck

Last edited:

mrfixit

Reaction score
Sounds good.

I'll recheck the GRN wire to make sure I didn't do something wrong the first time. If there is continuity, I'll find the crimp and check each wire individually. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again!

mrfixit

Reaction score
OK, so I was gone so long - I wish this was the only problem in life I had to address!

Anyhow, I rechecked the green wire for continuity with the ground and found that there was none. I think I unplugged the back-up light instead of the brake light the first time - stupid mistake on my part!

So, the GRN wire IS NOT connecting to the ground as far as I and my multimeter can tell. However, I still cannot get power from the WHT/BLK wire to the GRN wire. Very confused and frustrated now. Any other ideas would be great.

Thanks!

mrfixit

Reaction score
OK. I fixed this issue, albeit, not to factory specs. I simply cannot mess with it anymore.

Basically, I verified that the green wire was good to each brake light. For whatever reason, I cannot get current from the WHT/BLK wire to the GRN wire. It simply will not work. So I tied the green wire before the BLFS directly to the High Mount Brake light power source (Also WHT/BLK)

I've semi-permanently wired it this way, however I left everything intact enough that I could reverse this at anytime. Everything works fine, exactly as it's supposed to now. The real cause of this problem is still unknown to me, but consulting an electrical engineer, I decided that this solution was the best.

Thank you for you help and advice. Anyhow, I consider this issue fixed now!

Back