2000 accord front wheel bearing

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Touching moving parts...not so smart. And symptoms he described are more characteristic of the wheel bearing.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Touching moving parts...not so smart. And symptoms he described are more characteristic of the wheel bearing.

Yeah so today I had to change the rear and front brake pads off my wifes toyota avalon. Let me tell ya, she loves to ride those brakes. I told her to let them break in and seat before rides them again....lol...In the midst of my day I took my honda to a mechanic that has a lift. We lifted my car and I had the mechanic rotate the drivers side wheel, while I felt the connection between the half shaft and the intermediate shaft. It was rough and sloppy.

The mechanic said axles usually make a clicking sound when they go out and not a howling. He said that your used axle just might be a little sloppy. He said its more likely a wheel bearing.

The funny thing is, that this howling noise didnt happen until my mechanic that did my 5 speed swap(different guy) had to take my half shaft out because one of the cv boot clips was loose. When I picked up my car, thats when I heard the sound. Could it be the a$$hole that did my swap banged the half shaft too hard causing it to damage. Could he have somehow damaged the wheel bearing? I am kinda doubting the wheel bearing because this sound was noticed after he had reinstalled my half shaft.

What do you guys think????????

Should I get an axle replaced first or just get both done since its kinda easy to access the bearing when doing a half shaft replacement.

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Hmm....I'd say definitely replace the wheel bearings and see if it solves your problem. Replacing the axles is a much easier job, and really only entails taking off 3 or 4 bolts and separating the ball joint. The hub will just swing out of the way after the ball joint is separated, allowing easy access to the axle.

low430

Reaction score
*Content Removed*
The feeling of contribution is not mutual.
I'm sorry to have offended anyone, I will not to post anything on this site.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
On my integra, (im sure its the same ) I just pulled the spindle, Only hard part was seperating the ball joints.

Pull the spindle, Might as well do both at the same time.

Take it down to a reputable machine shop and they will press in the wheel bearing for a fee.

Replace spindle and castle nuts, brake caliper

/ Thread

Brother, I have no idea when it comes to these things. i only know how to change brake pads when it comes to messing with things around my wheels. Maybe if u have time u could help me out. Jazakallahu khair

low430

Reaction score
Brother, I have no idea when it comes to these things. i only know how to change brake pads when it comes to messing with things around my wheels. Maybe if u have time u could help me out. Jazakallahu khair

Yes I will help you out.
after finals inshallah,
I will need some guidance with the 5speed swap.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Yes I will help you out.
after finals inshallah,
I will need some guidance with the 5speed swap.

Inshallah, I can help you with the 5 speed swap. I know some of the small loops holes that come up when doing this swap

slaiguy

Reaction score
whats up w/ the arabic? and can u come down to va and help me w/ my front bearings after yall two are done w/ finals lol...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
whats up w/ the arabic? and can u come down to va and help me w/ my front bearings after yall two are done w/ finals lol...

There are certain words in arabic that muslims use when communicating with each other. Man u live so far its better if we just made a video or somtehing lol, jk its better if u just take ur hub off and then take it to a shop to take the old one out and press in the new bearing....

low430

Reaction score
*Content Removed*
The feeling of contribution is not mutual.
I'm sorry to have offended anyone, I will not to post anything on this site.

Back