2000 v6 issue

danielkkm

Reaction score
Not really sure what it could be, but sometimes I would start the car and the engine seems to have some irregularity in the way it sounds. It seems as though the engine vibrates really hard. It isn't subtle cause I can definitely hear some loud vibrating. After a couple seconds it dies out and seems fine. The mileage is around 137.000. Recently did the maintainence for it. For example, timing belt, water pump, etc. Any ideas to what it might be?

Brad2274

Reaction score
no check engine lights? it could be the motor mounts wore out or broke, you can see cracks or rips in the side ones often if theyre bad

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Ya, I ASSume, no mil.

Where's the noise come from?
'the engine' is not good enough. Pop the hood and tell me where.

danielkkm

Reaction score
After inspecting it was an engine mount. The one closest to the driver steering wheel. It seems to be torn up a bit. Thanks for the input guys. No engine light either.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
I am having similar issues with my 00 AV6 4door. Sometimes when I start it in the morning it will idle fine for a few minutes then I get an erratic idle. Revving seems fine when it happens. Also, while driving, say on the freeway it will do it and I will lose acceleration along with choppy RPMs. I know my accessory belt tensioner is going bad and makes clicking sounds at idle. I am assuming that it is effecting the tensioner pulley bearing and causing the engine to strain from it.

Oh, No MIL and all my motor mounts are good. It only happens every now and then. I need to replace it soon before it seizes and strands me somewhere.

Aztec

Reaction score
Motor mounts, very common problem. If there's no CEL don't worry

xci.ed6

Reaction score
try seafoam to cleaning the IACV

It might be sticking open or closed (probly closed).

Back