2001 2.3 V-Tec Modding Advice.....

AFAccord

Reaction score
...Presuming you don't drive it at 6k rpms all day long.

What's wrong with that? I take my car north of 6800rpm maybe a dozen times each day. :hihi:

Like everyone said before, a manual swap would make a world of difference, but if you're not interested in that, suspension is the FIRST place to start to make the car more fun to drive.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
What's wrong with that? I take my car north of 6800rpm maybe a dozen times each day. :hihi:

Like everyone said before, a manual swap would make a world of difference, but if you're not interested in that, suspension is the FIRST place to start to make the car more fun to drive.

In fact, for all you youngsters that love to rev your cars in neutral to show off ur fart cans. That is actually the WORST thing you can do to a car. Revving your car without a load is what blows engines. If you change your oil regularly and do your maintenance, having fun with your car will have no more of an affect, than just normal wear and tear of your engine.

I am not saying you can take your car and kiss the red-line at every freakin' green light. I am just saying in general terms, revving your engine without a load is way more destructive . That is why most modern cars (especially V8's) have rev limiters when in Park or Neutral.

Last edited:

champaned_out

Reaction score
When I took my honda to get the 5 speed swap, someone had a crx with a h22 swap for sale. He was braggin how fast it was and telling me Im wasting money in my accord, I told him "it looks like $hit tho
so straight forward, i lol'ed when i read that

mraw112

Reaction score
In fact, for all you youngsters that love to rev your cars in neutral to show off ur fart cans. That is actually the WORST thing you can do to a car. Revving your car without a load is what blows engines. If you change your oil regularly and do your maintenance, having fun with your car will have no more of an affect, than just normal wear and tear of your engine.

I am not saying you can take your car and kiss the red-line at every freakin' green light. I am just saying in general terms, revving your engine without a load is way more destructive . That is why most modern cars (especially V8's) have rev limiters when in Park or Neutral.

Care to elaborate why? Reving right after starting is a lot worse. thats what can kill bearings the fastest. besides running with no oil.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I'm just going to delete my whole post. No sense when the OP is not even reading or responding to this.....

Last edited:
Back