2001 different?

Split

Reaction score
ok, again, i am new to hondas, reading this and a few other forums i have figured out that 98-02 seems to be the same with a few exceptions. I bought a CF hood and it fits pretty much fits except by the front grill...are the 98-99 and the 00-02 front ends different? i have seen a few "lip" threads where people say the lips are different...but hoods too? Its a VIS hood?

there seems to be a about a 1/2 higher gap in the new hood where it hits the bumper...otherwise it fits fine...

thanks guys! still looking for a front lip for the car if anyone has one :) Split

eggs

Reaction score
I know the front bumpers are different on the 01-02 then the 98-00 but I'm pretty sure the fitment should be the same... Any pics of what it looks like Bc you might have a coupe hood

imaricer:)

Reaction score
yes the early 6th gens (98-00) are diff in the front end from the later ones (01-02)

the later ones front bumpers are more rounded and the hood is a lil more agressive.

im also assuming you have a sedan?

the hoods and front bumpers are interchangable between the 2 as well. I have a 99 sedan with an 02 sedan front bumper.

Last edited:

ejreams

Reaction score
You may have received a Sedan hood, do you have a coupe?
Coupes have a little longer hood than the Sedan, that would be why the fitments is off.

Last edited:

Split

Reaction score
sorry guys i have a 2001 coupe 6cyl. Has what i assume is OEM side skirts and a bit diff rear lower bumper. Its just the area around the grill..its like it doesnt come all the way down..the guy was supposedly a honda tech and said it fit 98-02.

ejreams

Reaction score
i thought it was the other way around

Oh yea yea it is.

Sedans have a shorter hood.
Thats it, he has a Sedan Vis CF Hood for Sedans.

And hes putting it on a 2001 coupe (Coupe bumper) and its not long enough to fit to the grill.

Thanks for correcting me.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
np i guess lol, maybe u need to adjust the hood they shld line up with the lines of then fender in tha back , post pics, for more diagnosis

Split

Reaction score
lemme see if i can get some pix...so is the wheelbase on the coupe/sedan the same? or is the sedan longer?

Back