2001 f23a1 needs a swap

2001 accord

Reaction score
so i have a 2001 lx f23a1 5 speed m/t. i want more than the motor and tranny can give. want an easy swap or a Frankenstein motor and tranny combo all motor or turbo. please help. current motor has bad rings ant the tranny has no reverse with third soon to give. emission are not a problem, need something with a large after market support.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Well it depends on what you like best, turbo would be cheaper if your engine was running but since its not then your going to have to pay for rebuild + turbo costs. So your probably going to be better off with a swap, keep it simple and go h22.. if you ever get bored boost it to 5-8psi and ull be very happy with the results.. h22s on 8psi are beast.

2001 accord

Reaction score
it runs, but dumps oil into the exhaust every time it hits the vtec zone, bad cat, rear o2 sensor, egr valve. i had a full rebuild on the head but the problem is still there.

turboaccord98

Reaction score
F23 motors are pretty cheap at junkyards but since your tranny is done also your'e gonna end up buying a new motor and new tranny either way it sounds like. At my local junkyard you can get an accord motor and tranny for less than the price of an h22. So if it were me I would just turbo an F23 with stock internals for now and do a bottom end build on the motor you have now and throw that in when it's done.

I guess it all depends on how much power you want and what your price range is. Power isn't cheap though either route you choose.

2001 accord

Reaction score
:rice: which version of the h22, obd1 or obd2 should i use. pros and cons. remember emissions are not a problem. and i hate every thing about the f23 motors and trans. i am going to drive it tell it blows up.

Back