jaz

Reaction score
i want to mount my capacitor onto my sub box.. what kind of brackets do i need? i looked at home depot and couldnt find any.. ive been searching online and cannot find just the brackets...

this isnt my cap but you can see the clear brackets...
Power_Capacitor_For_Car_Audio.jpg

thanks

finch13

Reaction score
Re: mounting a cap

Pipe straps would work or 3" or so U-shaped pipe hangers... go to the plumbing section.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score

i always thought that mounting an amp or cap on a sub box would ruin its internals...?

SteadFast

Reaction score

elaborate? i havent heard about this.. i just need a place to put it lol
It is not recommended to mount amps or caps to boxes. They have a greater risk of being damaged largely due to vibrations. While many will argue with me, I've seen it happen too many times to count in the last 6 years I've been doing car audio. Personally I never use or recommend caps anymore.

Make sure you understand how to charge a cap before installing it.

DaSmittyman

Reaction score

lol ya make sure haha if not you will damage the cap. IDK about you but i mounted mine
3166716_9.jpg
left of the trunk don't worry about the bungie its gone :skurred: i just needed to get to the ace store and get my mounts

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score

caps=stupid...

As far as mounting on a speaker box, everything in my car vibrates more than the outside of the box, Id say its probably your BEST mounting location on the box because if built right its thick wood that doesnt flex at all, so it will receive the least vibrations there.

Back