jaz

Reaction score
I'm installing a system on my friends 2005 liberty, I have everything done except the headunit wiring. Where is a good place to find the wiring diagram for this? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks! :beer:

finch13

Reaction score
Re: Jeep Headunit Wiring

Buy a harness...

They come with wiring diagrams on the box, hell usually the wires are labeled.

jaz

Reaction score

yeah i found the harness but he doesnt want to the extra $15, yeah i know the colors are labeled on the actual headunit itself but i dont know what the colors are for the jeep...

finch13

Reaction score

Tell him not to be a cheap bastard. Tell him to buy the harness or find the wiring diagram for it. That kind of info is very basic and a ton of sites carry it.

A harness is by far the easiest way to cleanly, reliably install a HU. You won't have any decent length of wire to make the connections by cutting off the factory connector and splicing wires together. What if he wants to sell it, but keep his HU? He's SOL.

jaz

Reaction score

yeah man i talked him into it, he's giving me $10 so i can run to best buy tomorrow and pick one up, it also makes it easier for me to install so the colors match lol. thanks guys.

/thread

finch13

Reaction score

No prob, it irritates me to no end when somebody refuses to do something the right way.

You gotta pay to play.

jaz

Reaction score

well i mean i couldve done it if i had like a color wiring diagram, but i didnt find one for the jeep :(

im finishing up tomorrow afternoon, maybe i can grab a few pics of my install. he's got some nice little L5s my friend sold him :dunce:

Back