3 ten custom box finally completed

krylonking104

Reaction score
this is a project that ive been working on over the last month or so with my free time between school and the internship... i decided to get rid of the kicker CVX 15( ported box) because it took up so much space and i wanted to go for a more refined and tighter sound...

the entire bottom is fiberglassed to fit the spare tire well. I framed everything out of 3/4'' MDF and sealed everything off with liquid nails and silicone.

I built this enclosure in three parts. The actual sealed box, the cut out overlay, and the amp rack closest to the back seat. the entire install can be removed in minutes if needed.

The volume is roughly 2.74 cubic feet, i added poly fill and used my dremel to hide LED pods between some of the pieces. Just need to order the subs when i can decide what i want to run... either 3 Boston Acoustic g2s or 3 memphis power reference 10s...

Im also planning on getting some grills to protect the subs. and also inverting one of the subs at the bottom of the triangle.

I just ordered a few mini fans that i will wire up and install on the amp rack to keep my 2 CH amp that hides under the rack nice and cool.

Im planning on wiring the subs with 10 gauge wire.

Anyone have any ideas on how i can make my slowly progressing install better please lemme know!!!

doing all MB quartz speakers (6.5's in the front and 2 pairs of 6x9's in the rear)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

00accord91

Reaction score
i actually wanted to do something like that with my 12. after u put that bon in u cant get to ur spare can u? lol anyway it looks hot dude.

krylonking104

Reaction score
unfortunately im assed-out if i get a flat! i think i might invest in triple A....

eggs

Reaction score
i would be careful using the 10 gauge wire because they set that up in my car and i have two 10 inch infinitys. My subs kept cutting out on me because there wasnt enough power going to them

swollen_cu

Reaction score
were you running 10 awg wire to the battery to the amp or to the sub to the amp? all you need from the sub to the amp is 14 or 16 awg. You should either run dual 4 gauges or a single 1/0 awg split into 2 4 awg for the battery to the amps.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya,i would be concerned for not having a spare..it looks great either way..so 3 10s..and what goes in those 2 box's next to the amp? sorry it i didnt read to well

Back