3M headlight restoration kit

Hondastylez

Reaction score
*** First and foremost I would like to thank Chido for the Tips and the great Help ***
CxfY2U.jpeg

I picked up this kit from walmart for $18.99 and got home to take care of some business.

There are videos on Youtube and the product does come with very clear instructions as the OP stated, so i'm just going to show you the finished product with a "before" and "after" pic so you can compare the two.

Here's the condition of the headlight before restoration.
Sorry I didn't take a pic of the whole HL but at the time I wasn't thinking
about posting the results. There were two more spots just like the one
below, one on each corner of the lens.

CLrCLNHk.jpeg

Here's a pic of the final product.

The black and decker drill pictured with the HL was purchased at walmart
for $20 bucks. Its rated 1200 rpms which is within the specification range indicated in the instructions by M3.

rIFWAqWr.jpeg

Bv4fkGT2.jpeg

Last edited:

5spd'r

Reaction score
I've used the Mothers PowerBall and their aluminum/mag wheel polish with good success, and it's easy. The question is: what's the best UV inhibitor to protect it from more sun damage? I'm thinking of getting some Zaino , exactly which product I'm not sure.

marvinbass_99

Reaction score
i used to have those spots on my HL too. I discovered that it was the top coat peeling out from the HL, so to remove those i had to sand it out and used polishing compound. Works like magic!

Caumeme09

Banned
Reaction score
This product is indeed a SOLUTION to a problem. It scuffs, polishes, and buffs.

Use it on my headlight lenses when I cleared them, they look almost as good as new, better than when I got them for sure.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
I used the 3m kit on my friend's accord and the results came out pretty well. However, for my car, I wet sanded 400-800-1000-1500-2000-3000-rubbing compound-plasticX and it came out "better" than his. remember guys, in order to keep them new you must use a sealant with uv protection or else they will crap out in a couple of months.

Raymond

Reaction score
What sealant are you guys using? I usually wax mine after I sand and polish my headlights, but it doesn't last all that long. I've redone my lenses probably 4 times in the last year already, haha.

Back