3rd brake light/trunk rattle

silverbullet99

Reaction score
hey guys I have a 99 coupe and I was just wondering if anyone else had any problems with the 3rd brake light or trunk rattling after installing subs. I thought about taking the light out, but I believe cars made after 1990 are required to have the 3rd brake light. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

01AccordCP

Reaction score
Ya I have that same problem too, my subs freaking knock it all around. But what I thought about doing was taking some clear silicone caulk and just caulking the light down. It should work.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
you have to have a 3rd brake light

as for the rattle just buy some dynamat and you'll be fine with both your vibration issues :lawl:

silverbullet99

Reaction score
unfortunately there really isn't anywhere to put dynamat on the 3rd brake light because it wont snap back into place. im going to try putting some under it. if that doesn't work, the only other option is to buy a spoiler with a brake light built in. I might just take it out and see how long it takes to get pulled over.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No 3rd brake light here (going on 3+years)...completely removed it and recovered the rear deck.

Back