4 lug to 5 lug

coronafamilia

Reaction score
i know there is a thread on this and i have read it all yes all 30 pages and i couldnt find the answer so here is my question i have a 99 i4 lx sedan and i found a donor car which is a 98 V6 coupe now will i be able to yank front and rear knuckles and calipers with rotors and e-brake cable and throw them on my sedan with no problems. this is the only car i have found on craigslist that is still private owner every other sedan V6 is owned by junkyards and they be charging an arm and i leg for the swap.

cg4

Reaction score
Edit: crap, need to learn to read i have a coupe. Don't know about sedans.

i don't know about the USDM but european models have same calipers (brake discs are same size) for 3l and 2l, did the swap few months ago knuckles are identical just the hub is different. Had to cut out rusted-in abs sensors but other than that very easy swap.

Last edited:

coronafamilia

Reaction score
From what I read I seems like I might not have an e-brake Im thinking that the only solution will be to have parts from same body style car meaning sedan with sedan and coupe with coupe.

james'99

Reaction score
Well, here's the e-brake thing. You have drum brakes. You will be converting to disc. So you will be installing brake calipers which get a cable attached to them for the e-brake like that of the drum brakes. As to whether you can reuse the brake cable, I am unsure.

All of the knuckles are the same for all 4 cylinder accords regardless of coupe or sedan (Just looked at P/Ns on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/). With that said, I am certain it doesn't matter what car your setup comes off of. I think the main concern will lie with the brake cable.

EDIT: Parts 8 and 12 should get the job done for ya here. The P/Ns are different for a coupe and sedan but other than those cables, you should be set to go on the swap. I definitely recommend ordering from this site to save money. Also, buy all complimenting clips as there is a good chance you'll break plenty of them on the way out. Also, new cotter pins on the knuckles all around would be helpful. The category you'll find those cotter pins under if you are new to Majestic Honda and part browsing in general is Rear Lower Arm and Knuckle. Make sure you say your car is an EX V6 4DR so long as you are purchasing parts for this swap.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2000&catcgry3=4DR+EXV6&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=PARKING+BRAKE

Also, I see you have already seen this thread but I'll throw it here for other users.
http://6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7337&page=30

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
different part numbers, different brake connection:

21291097_trq_c660272_pri_larg.jpg

V6 /\

I4 \/
19611596_trq_c138614_pri_larg.jpg

Back