4cyl vs. 6cyl springs

kenttt

Reaction score
I recently discovered a pair of Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs being sold by a local nearby. The thing is, is that they're are meant for the 6cyl 2dr/4dr Accords. My question is whether or not these will be able to fit my 4 cyl 99' Accord 4 door.

Help would be much appreciated.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
I'm almost positive that springs from a 6cyl are the same as the 4cyl, but it's been a while since i was researching springs, so i could be wrong

f23accord2000

Reaction score
im assuming that they are stiffer cause the v6 is a heavyer engine needs more saport they might be differnt call the dealer and ask but im willing to bet they might be the same but more heavy duty

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, the springs are the same design, theyll fit right on. on the fact of if you should do it, thatd be a big no. the v6 springs are stiffer for obvious reasons, and they might even be a little longer to compensate. theirs reasons why theirs different versions of drop springs made that are designated 4cyl or v6.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I believe eibach makes different springs for the v6 and I4. I assume it will have stiffer spring rates in front, similar in back. Some manufacturers make one spring for both the v6 and I4 so interms of ride, i don't think it will be all that much different. The springs will defineatly fit, it's just an issue of the spring rates and how well it will ride/handle. If the front is significantly more stiff and the rear is not, compared to the I4 specific, you will likely have more understeer as well.

Back