5-lug swap with TL/CL knuckles?

The Big King

Reaction score
Here guys. bought a crash 2003 TL type s 110,000km/63,000m of copart. I bought for 1800CND, I basically bought it to do a swap on my EK Civic. My wife has a 1998 accord ex coupe I4, I just did the front end 4 lug to 5 lug conversion. When I compared each spindle side by side, they were the same except for the brakes. the rotors and calipers are bigger. the driveshaft/front axle fit right in to the Tl spindle no problem. So for all of you who want to do this swap it is the same if you take the spindle from the 2 gen tl or cl. I will post all photos and a complete write up when I complete the rear.

efcivicturbo

Reaction score
I just did the conversion on my 01 ex, from a 99 tl..

The front everything swaps over, in the rear use the tl bearing, an accord v6 rotor,and your stock ex caliper.. if you have the lx, get the accord ex caliper

sicksgenacc

Reaction score
I am doing the same swap on my cpe. And I know the 6th Gen V6 comes with a 5 lug pattern, so they should swap over with no prob... Any feed back on this Idea?????:lolhitting:

sicksgenacc

Reaction score
nice feed back. but if i decide to use new Brake kit with rotors and calipers i wont need the rotors from the TL or CL. i am trying to find the simplest way because i dont have much time for down time and i want to do it myself.:andy:

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
New to 5 lug and i've been reading this section. Just so i know for sure. I'm going to be doing the swap in the spring. I'm buying front spindles. My question is if i just buy the v6 rear hubs will they bolt right up to the I4 rear knuckle??

Nismode

Reaction score
New to 5 lug and i've been reading this section. Just so i know for sure. I'm going to be doing the swap in the spring. I'm buying front spindles. My question is if i just buy the v6 rear hubs will they bolt right up to the I4 rear knuckle??
IF you have an EX sedan.

Back