5 speed swap help

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I need to know where exactly the spacers go behind the clutch pedal. Behind the bolts that are attached to the firewall or somewhere else. I searched the forum and found badgertypes' write up. He said behind the studs and he placed two washers. Is that two washers behind each stud or? please someone can clarify that would be great.

Also my car is having a hard time going into 1st 3rd and 5th gear. Is there a way I can tighten the shift cable, because it seems loose. 2nd 4th and reverse are smooth as butter. Thanks everyone for your help.

Ric Rock

Reaction score
oh man i remember having this problem ...i took mines to a shop and the fabricated a custom support bracket ...get this fixed asap!!

CHID0

Reaction score
You'll need a build up of spacers about 5/8" to 3/4" that goes on between the firewall and pedal bracket at each location the master clutch cylinder penetrate the firewall?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
oh man i remember having this problem ...i took mines to a shop and the fabricated a custom support bracket ...get this fixed asap!!

Yah I took it back, there was a few issues. The shift cable. Also one of my cv boot clips were missing so axle grease spewed all over the place. And my cruise control not working. They are fixing it right now. These guys are getting put to work with this car lol.

You had to take yours to a different shop to fabricate it or they did it for you???????

You'll need a build up of spacers about 5/8" to 3/4" that goes on between the firewall and pedal bracket at each location the master clutch cylinder penetrate the firewall?

Do you think you could show me a picture? I would take a pic of mine but i dont have my car back yet. I think I know what your talking about but id like to see how it looks to be sure.

My master clutch cylinder is mounted beside where my brake fluid is.

CHID0

Reaction score
Yah I took it back, there was a few issues. The shift cable. Also one of my cv boot clips were missing so axle grease spewed all over the place. And my cruise control not working. They are fixing it right now. These guys are getting put to work with this car lol.

You had to take yours to a different shop to fabricate it or they did it for you???????

Do you think you could show me a picture? I would take a pic of mine but i dont have my car back yet. I think I know what your talking about but id like to see how it looks to be sure.

My master clutch cylinder is mounted beside where my brake fluid is.

It'll be difficult to get a pic but i'll see what i can do.....there are extra components to get the cruise control to work, I used cruise control a total of four time since i had the car so i left that off, I was gonna remove mine anyway even before i did the swap.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
since i like to be lazy on the long road trips im really gonna need the Cruise. The shop thats doing my swap better do what they have to do to get it working. Im kinda pissed off but ohwell. I already have them fixing my cv boot problem CC and shift cable that they "forgot" to check.

I'd rather just do the dang spacers myself to make sure the job gets done. I don't need to be burning up my clutch. I'll try to take a picture whenever I get my car back but if you can get a picture of your set up that would be real cool. I know it's tight under there, I'm not exactly a small guy either so it's kinda back wrenching. Thanks tho for your help.:D

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Alright, so I got the car back today from the shop from hell. This is my second time picking up my car. Long story short, since I did a throttle body service and forgot to connect my cruise cable they say they arent liable for the cruise to not be working because I forgot to connect the cable in the beginning. BS now im left without CC. Im pissed.

I had to buy a NEW shift cable assembly at honda. 240$. Now everything is shifting tight and nice. Still! there is a problem. I dont think these people even installed spacers inbetween the clutch pedal. My clutch slips like its not fully engaging. I took pictures of what they did for the clutch pedal. Can someone please help me out. I am F-ing tired of giving my car to these douche bags. 1,760$ I paid. I plan on taking the car back there tomorrow but if you guys can tell me how to TELL them how to do their job that would be great.

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0567.jpg

Last edited:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Yes for sure get the spacer in there, I don't have my car with me to take pictures it's a easy fix. I was driving for a few months thinking I had a bad trans or clutch it was a real pain later to find out it was like a $2 fix lol.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Yes for sure get the spacer in there, I don't have my car with me to take pictures it's a easy fix. I was driving for a few months thinking I had a bad trans or clutch it was a real pain later to find out it was like a $2 fix lol.

the spacers go behind each bolt right? or behind the whole pedal bracket on each stud? there is three. One on top and two on the side. LOL that sucks. Im not trying to burn up my clutch. the funny thing is that sometimes it seems to get better and then come back. is that the same symptom u had

Back