5 Speed Swap Question

Deshon2688

Reaction score
I know there are several of these threads already, I think I've read all of them, but there's just a few things I'd like to clear up that I didn't see any definite answers on...

1) Does anyone know if a shifter assembly, linkage, and pedals from a 5th gen will work on a 6th gen? If not, what's stopping them from working?

2) Correct me if I'm wrong, but the VSS has to match the tranny I intend to use, correct? So if it's an H23 I need the H23 VSS?

and

3) If I did go with the 5th gen shifter and say, wanted to swap it out for a pspec later, I'd get the one for the 5th gen right? (dont really care about this right now, just curious)

Thanks for your help! Can't wait to do this swap!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
I know there are several of these threads already, I think I've read all of them, but there's just a few things I'd like to clear up that I didn't see any definite answers on...

1) Does anyone know if a shifter assembly, linkage, and pedals from a 5th gen will work on a 6th gen? If not, what's stopping them from working?

2) Correct me if I'm wrong, but the VSS has to match the tranny I intend to use, correct? So if it's an H23 I need the H23 VSS?

and

3) If I did go with the 5th gen shifter and say, wanted to swap it out for a pspec later, I'd get the one for the 5th gen right? (dont really care about this right now, just curious)

Thanks for your help! Can't wait to do this swap!

1. linkage and clutch pedal will only work

2. yep

3. noy applicable

Back