5 speeders: how long did your clutch last?

how long did your stock clutch last?

• Less than 100K

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Less than 150K

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Less than 200K

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Still going.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

briansacct

Reaction score
Just curious what the norm is. I am having trouble finding first gear on occasion, and there is a bad "creak" when engaging the clutch. Other than that, it seems fine. I only plan on keeping the car 2 more years at most, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth replacing.

I have an 01' with 175K on it. Stock clutch/tranny.

How long did yours last?

JackOfClubs

Reaction score
I personally don't have a 5spd, but my friend's dad has a 00 5spd, and he has just under 320,000 miles on the original clutch. Apparently it slips like a ***** though. Which isn't surprising...

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
My uncle has a '89 Accord with 236k on original clutch. Depends on the car and how its driven. When you need it, you need it.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I put under 150,000, even though I am on a stock clutch. Reason being, I have had 3 accords and those went to about 120,000 before new clutch. That was with someone learning how to drive stick on a high mileage clutch.

I burned my clutch because some dumb lady decided to let someone out of their driveway on a steep grade. Not only did she almost cause 3 accidents and the person could not get out, when all was said and done, my clutch was too weak to get up the grade. I burned it 2x, then just put the ebrake up and spun to get moving. It feels like it took half the life off my clutch. I hope mine makes it to 100,000 but I blame her for everything lol.

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
you'll know when it dont go into gear:ugh: On a car thats been hot boxed around, a lot of city- stop and goes. will need a clutch between 120k-150k car thats been lighty driven, Not barring the tach, highway miles can last anywhere from 180k-220k+. Then again if you "ride the clutch" or rest your foot on it, it could last 70k-120k

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
i know this isnt exactly what you vote for.. but my clutch was still okay originally, just when the 2nd gear teeth broke, changed out the clutch as well for the hell of it

Jh8909

Reaction score
Im still on my original clutch as well, i have about 161,000 on the clock. No problems at all here

xmsleepr

Reaction score
im the second owner of mines just hit 140k idk is there a way to knowing if it was ever changed? car still chirps 2nd does that mean is still good? :p

jreniak

Reaction score
I just had to change mine. 225,000 miles. Car for the first four years was driven in NYC.

Back