5spd SE

yellowfever

Reaction score
:peace: Ive made the decision to do the tranny swap yay!! I found an ebay seller near me with moderate milage trannys for about 300$ and i decided to go with an exedy oe clutch flywheel combo. Also i found a trany shop in the next town over that quoted me 500-600$ for labor, very nice (borat). I heard that the special edition only came in automatic, is this true and if so will i have the first SE with a 5spd? Not a big deal but i think it would be cool. Gonna start accumulating the parts this fall and plan on having in done in time for next spring, i know i know but ive got to be realistic.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
good deal on the tranny and smart doin the flywheel and stuff at the same time, hope u have fun with it

:driving:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
were the se's auto only? i thought the 00s had the 5spd option...

ninja edit: kbb gives the 5spd option for 02 se sedans...auto only for 00 se's...

old, fat, out of shape, retired ninja edit: 02 coupes had the 5spd option with the sedan according to kbb's options list.

Last edited:

yellowfever

Reaction score
yeah i just figured that out but also found out that i wont be the first though, so im a lil bit sad. but an extra gear will make me happy.

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
yellowfever said:
yeah i just figured that out but also found out that i wont be the first though, so im a lil bit sad. but an extra gear will make me happy.

Yeah, 5spd ftw! Ill be gettin all my parts together after this summer to have it ready for next spring.

Neight

Reaction score
sounds like everyone wants to do a 5 spd swap. I want to get the H22 tranny.

yellowfever

Reaction score
the shorter gears would be nice but i do all my racing on the highway so im not sure id like that plus i wanna keep it 100% accord if i can. But i have been thinkin about other tannys in the back of my head.

Thats awsome kidEX we'll be coming out at the same time then! Hopefully we can help each other out. Are you doing it yourself? if not how much are you paying for labor and where are you getting your tranny from? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back