5spd swap?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
what do I need to do about the safety switches on the clutch pedal are there any that are required to start the car? or will this be an OG clutch w/ no safety? ohh yeah and what forum is this turbowa on?

the safety switches are not needed. either always start your car in nuetral or have the clutch pedal down, and both are not hard to do

search auto to manual swap on the forum and find a thread by Retroshark, he posted the guide originally written by turbwa

F23A1AT

Reaction score
:bump:ing an older one need some T/O is 550 a good deal for: tranny, clutch pedal/bracket, shifter assembly, shift linkage, tranny mount, and both of the axles. Also would a VSS for a 2000 trans work for a 1998 trans?

Last edited:

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
We just removed the whole motor, We have a engine jack. While it was out is when I put in the clutch master clutch line, figured out what plugs to remove ETC I used one of the A/T axles, I had 2 new axles for this swap that we did not use.

You can use stuff off a 5th Gen 97-01 Prelude. Where I got my pedals, shifter assembly and cables from. 5th Gen Accord Stuff wont work ( Pedals/Shifter ) so Don't bother. I used a Tranny off a 1996 and clutch master from it.

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Hokay soo... I have another question regarding the axles. Unfortunately I have a busted CV boot on my Passenger side. I know that the Auto. axle can be used in the Man. tranny but will it work visa versa. With a Man. axle in a Auto tranny. I figure if I have to replace it why not do it with what I should use for my 5spd swap.

CHID0

Reaction score
In theory it should work, but just know by picking up an automatic passenger side axle you're ensured it'll work, even with the 5spd swap.

I still have an automatic passenger side axle on my car.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Gotta move this up again. I didn't want to ask this since it has been asked many times before, but not in this way. When people talk about doing a H22 swap all they talk about is the JDM H22A which is OBD1, IF I were to get a USDM H22A4 from a BB6, would that make the wiring nightmare less painful? I just figured Id ask since my trans is on its way out and if you've looked at my sig you'll see why I want to take care of the engine while I'm at it. I'll understand if you flame.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
Gotta move this up again. I didn't want to ask this since it has been asked many times before, but not in this way. When people talk about doing a H22 swap all they talk about is the JDM H22A which is OBD1, IF I were to get a USDM H22A4 from a BB6, would that make the wiring nightmare less painful? I just figured Id ask since my trans is on its way out and if you've looked at my sig you'll see why I want to take care of the engine while I'm at it. I'll understand if you flame.

Wiring isn't a nightmare, just time consuming. Gotta go through the whole wiring harness and figure which color wires are used for the OBD1 plugs and solder and wire together. so you make the OBD2 harness a OBD1.

Still would have to do wiring on a H22A4 Because Accord are OBD2B and Preludes from 96-01 are OBD2A. Different plugs.

Last edited:
Back