6 cyl maintainence list?

Ace99

Reaction score
told them to do they control arm because apparently its a safety issue and it cant pass inspection without it. plugs I will attempt myself.. any links to DIY's?

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
i heard it wasnt a good thing to fluch the tranny fluid on a 98-99 v6, correct me if i am worng though.. thats just what i heard.

I have a 98' accord v6 (duhh) and i try to replace the plugs, filter, tranny (not flushed) fluid, oil, radiator fluid, etc. once a year. Pretty much the basic.. I have 137xxx miles on it and i havent had a serious problem reguarding transmission/engine. The only major thing i replaced was the timing belt. Everything is stock on my car, with the exception or the resonator mod on the intake.

But i just realized i need to save up for new rotors.. the are worn pretty bad :run:

intel0116

Reaction score
tranny fluid drain and fill 3 times.
motor mounts,they bust all the time on the v6.
and while your under there, i would put a brand new oil drain plug and washer , also a new tranny plug and washer. only like 6 bucks each at the dealer.
spark plugs,coils,battery wires, power steering fluid flush.

and i hope i dont start a huge debate, but the auto v6 is hit or miss. eaither you get a good tranny or a bad one.175k miles on mine and the tranny is the same as the day it rolled off the factory line, not one issue and still runing strong, i think it all has to do with how hard you drive it and how often you change your fluid.

intel0116

Reaction score
i heard it wasnt a good thing to fluch the tranny fluid on a 98-99 v6, correct me if i am worng though.. thats just what i heard.
yeah honda dealers and most shops wont do a flush at all because pumping presureised tranny fluid in and out of the tranny will destroy the internal filter for sure and possibly even damage the other internals of the trans. thats why most shops say to do a drain and refill 3 times if you want a "safe flush"

Back