6 cyl swap

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i believe 6cyl doesn't fit the i4 chassis?

its the same exact car, of course it fits.

as for what to swap in, go with the 5 speed. its alot easier and alot less of a headache. because for the v6 to be put in, youd have to switch everything around in the engine bay aside from just swapping a motor in. and the auto trannys suck for the stock accord v6's. if you were to put a v6 in youd be dumb not to get a cl-s j32 motor with the 6 speed tranny. but that alone costs alot, i wouldnt even wanna imagine that swap.

00Accord35

Reaction score
Well to start you will need a different car unless you have a load of money. With a V6 car any jseries will drop in then you just need to set the wiring, ecu and pick what tranny you want. This is the easiest way.
To stay with a 4 car you will need engine mounts from a V6 car, axle shafts, cross brace frame, and never mind just stay with getting a new car.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i did the 5speed swap and kept the auto ECU. the car runs fine but make sure you know what you are doing when playing with wires. and don't cry when your dash board lights up like a christmas tree because of a few sensors that are no longer there. my D4 light blinks but i think it's funny because there IS not D4...LMAO.

iambigwilley

Reaction score
ok, so i think im going to look for a wrecked donor vehicle for the 5 spd swap, what type of vehicles can i choose from?
i realize a 6th gen accord would be the best, but what else would work

iambigwilley

Reaction score
so all the parts on a 5th gen 5 speed or prelude will swap over to a 6th gen? like the master cylinder and the clutch and stuff? and the axles?

Jefften10

Reaction score
so all the parts on a 5th gen 5 speed or prelude will swap over to a 6th gen? like the master cylinder and the clutch and stuff? and the axles?

Any h22/23 f22/23 tranny should bolt up. I told you. Geez.

And yes, you know how night and day auto and manual are, you have driven my car. Don't give up on your accord!!

:icon_gay: (no offense)

Back