6 days to pass emissions

98vtec5spd

Reaction score
ok so long story short i switched engines to a jdm and now the code is throwing the p1259 code which is the Vtec malfunction. tonight i swapped the jdm soleniod to the usdm soleniod from the original block cleaned out the screen of all the gunk that was there. still throwing the code. this is real starting to stress me out b/c the mechanic took 3 weeks to do a 10 hour job and i have this issue.

besides the vtec issue the cooling fans stopped working i wired up a temp solution running a switch off an old pilot fog light wiring harness i will worry about this later.

if any one has any suggestions or might have time and close to Dallas, GA i would gratly appreciate the help to figure this out.

im gonna go and get some oil tomorrow to do an oil change.

here is the thread that i started in the engine mod section if anyone wants to see the whole story.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36170

Cpyro

Reaction score
u can alway fail and get a Rejection sticker and have more time to figure it out no? lol take it back to the mechanic

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Why the hell did u change to a jdm engine, u shud have put the usdm engine instead. It could be a million issues, i bet theres no power going to the soleniod, baby steps after u have confirmed power.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
There is an easy solution to passing emissions. Reset your ECM when you get to the testing facility. No CELs.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
There is an easy solution to passing emissions. Reset your ECM when you get to the testing facility. No CELs.

ECU stores all the past CELs that have been thrown, and tht will fail u automatically.... :coffee:

twofast4u

Reaction score
I swapped to a JDM F23 also. I'm not having any CEL's though. When you swapped the engine, you should have moved over your USDM F23 intake manifold, exhaust manifold, map sensor, and IAVC. After all that has been moved you shouldnt get any CELs.

Hopefully this helps! :)

Back