6-disc CD player issue...

Mikey

Reaction score
01 EX 6-disc.

Tape and AM/FM parts work but the cd player won't play the discs that are in there nor will it eject them. All I get is the "Err" code.

Obviously something is wrong, lol. I'm just curious if anyone knows of a fix or if it's time for a new one. I hate removing the damn thing but if it won't eject my CDs, I'm gonna have to either take it apart or break it. Hoping I don't have to do the latter.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
As I said, I've had this happen to me twice with these factory 6-disc units. They're not well built. I want to stay OEM with the HU but these things are so damn finicky that it's making it difficult.

It's dead. Not sure what the cause is.

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah. Figured.

Who's up for surgery? LOL. I want a navi unit, this just gives me more motivation. The other parts work and I can still plug in my phone, so ill be okay for a bit.

lashlee

Reaction score
I would guess that the laser has gotten some slop into the mechanism and not it's not focusing on the CD so it doesn't "see" the discs. It happens with nearly all players after a number of years. Some better units have a transport that will auto adjust as wear occurs but its not as common any more.

I would find an aftermarket unit and install it. Fixing the OEM unit may be possible but not worth the money in my mind.

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah. I'll remove it and at least get my CDs out. It's just hot as balls and I don't wanna sit in my car and mess with it, lol.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
lol. It's roasting outside.

OEM HU's use the cheapest parts available. Go aftermarket and use a well designed install kit.

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
I've got one that I bought on here that has blue LED's. I thought it was stock color and all, so I don't want it anymore and just have it sitting on a shelf at home. I'll sell it to you for $30.

Back