604ACCORDS 98 Sedan

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Re: 604ACCORDS 98 Sedan (H22a/5spd swap *in progress*)****LOWERED!! 3/11/2016****

I woke up to this pic sent from my bro this morning :waytogo:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Re: 604ACCORDS 98 Sedan (H22a/5spd swap *in progress*)****LOWERED!! 3/11/2016****

so here it is.. The almighty DEP.. God it looks awsome, bumpers are just sitting on for now they will be installed with skirts tomorrow, lips are dropped off at my shop and will be installed on monday. Test fit one side of mesh on the lip, I love it.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

All ready for the show today, I'm leaving in a few hours will post up pics of the show tonight.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Bro....... This is so clean

Thanks man It means a lot, I worked hard to get this car where it is. I have a few thoughts I'm thinking of a carbon trunk lid with carbon m3 wing. I'm off to the junk yard today to grab the rest of my 5spd swap parts. I'm also planning to have the motor built up over the winter and maybe just maybe put in this spring, hoping to pound out like 220 to 240hp out of it. I will start a engine build thread as soon as I get it under way.

phi1542

Reaction score

Thanks man It means a lot, I worked hard to get this car where it is. I have a few thoughts I'm thinking of a carbon trunk lid with carbon m3 wing. I'm off to the junk yard today to grab the rest of my 5spd swap parts. I'm also planning to have the motor built up over the winter and maybe just maybe put in this spring, hoping to pound out like 220 to 240hp out of it. I will start a engine build thread as soon as I get it under way.

The hard worked paid off haha Since you have the carbon fiber hood I think a carbon fiber trunk and wing would be a nice touch.

Nice! I'm waiting to save enough money to slap on my JDM H22a.... It's just sitting in my garage waiting to be put in..... Sad..... I'm hoping for the same numbers. 250 whp would be nice lol

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Got all my stuff today half shaft and all, except for hydraulic parts. So I'm peeping around the yard and I stumble on brembo tls calipers, scurried up to the guy and asked how much... Ya ready for this 50 bucks for the pair!!! So like flash Gordon I'm back at the Tl get the lines off get one bolt of driver side and of course the bottom one is seized and destroyed the innards of my ratchet. **** my life !!! I'm heading back with a 2 foot breaker bar tomorrow. Only thing I don't think these will work with my rims so it might be time for some spacers and a camber kit up front.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Got all my 5 speed swap stuff on the go now just need a manual computer and hydraulics then it's ready to go.

On to the brembos so 56 bucks tax in!! from what I seen on another post here these bolt right up with the use of s2000 rotors. I'm assuming I will need a spacer this pushing my rim out requiring a camber kit. The bolts were over torqued and stripped 3 out of the 4 holes by who ever did the brakes last so I'm taking them to my machine shop to see what options I have. They are not in the best shape looks like someone ground one down a little to clear a rim. Basically I will bead blast them, rebuild them and powder coat them red possibly with white accord lettering. I will sand down where they ground it so it is at least smooth and not so noticable, but for what I paid I'm not worried if this don't work out. First step is to see what can be done for the threads then test fit them with my wheels before I rebuild them just to see if it's even possible to use them.
Heres the link for rebuilding and fitment.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33097

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Lucky *** find..... Haha those are gonna be sick on the accord. Heads up on the powder coat though. When I powder coated mine it warped the calipers and the pistons wouldn't go in. Pretty much ruined my caliper. Everyone else powder coat theirs perfectly fine though so maybe I'm just the unlucky one LOL good luck can't wait for more updates man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up man! Always wondered that about powder coating, guy I called says he does lots of calipers with no issues....I got some quotes today and dropped calipers at buddys machine shop says he can fix them no problem. Gonna be about 40 bucks so not bad.

Heres the list of money this operation will cost I will update as I go:

Calipers- 56
Repair threads- 40 (quote)
Rebuild kits- 42 per side (OEM)
Powder coat- 250 (quote)
Caliper mount bolts 3ea (Honda)

S2000 rotors-__
G35 pads-__
10mm Spacer with extended studs- 150 both sides

Awww geeze this is adding up!! once I get them back I'm going to bolt them in to see what kinda of spacer I need.

Back