6g in Honda Nation Commercial

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
pm'd

to me the scene has always been changing. back in the day everyone wanted speed because there was so little options for in car entertainment and custom fabbing was had as sin to come by.

i love my car and others who have really well done cars, but more often than not guys try to make bad *** show cars and wind up with a hunk or fried rice

mr. smith

Reaction score
John it's just that people have different taste when it comes to modding. I may not like what someone does with their car (interior/body kits/candy paint/ chrome, etc..) BUT, I can appreciate good execution. Personally I think I've come to the realization that we're all brainwashed (myself included) into what our cars should look like. Because I have had this realization is why my car looks the same now, with the exception of the drop, grill and wheels, as it did when I got it. I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out what I'm going to do with this car to set it apart from every other TL that I see at the meets. They're all the same; drop, wheels, aspec, tint, maybe exhaust and a couple other bolt ons.

The difference between this..........

SN850876.jpg

and this......

535398b9.jpg

Is that the civic doesn't look like any other Civic.....yeah the color and air brushing is obnoxious, but it was done right. The paint looked good, the body kit lined up, everything was done professionally. My Accord on the other hand, looked just like a lot of the Accords on this site. Drop, Wheels, black housed headlights, mugen Kit, tint, etc. ON THE FLIP SIDE, that guy probably did none of the work himself whereas all of the work that was done on my car I did.

I think I forgot what my point was.............................. I'm having a modding mid-life crisis or something.

What is a guy to do that doesn't want stickers, flashy graphics, neon lights, tv's everywhere, but doesn't want his car to look like every other modded TL out there???? WHAT?! ****!!!

x2 exactly! you may not like it, but you have to let ppl be different, and thats simply because we are.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i know people are different, but when it comes to cars most people follow the same trends, do the same routine of crap and hop on and off bandwagons like there's no tomorrow

i'm all for people being different and doing something unique, but most of the honda scene is plagued with people who only put things on their car because someone else said it was cool.

when people throw more money than sense at a car it gets me wondering why bother?

but thats just me, i don't know anything

sd2000av6

Reaction score
you guys do realize that commercial is hella old. when body kits and custom fab work was really in.

im not ashamed to say my car went through the rice stage, i think if you were in it early enough you had one. but even to the people that still do it, i might not like it anymore but i look at the work done to the car and execution. not just the style. the whole point of this scene is to make the car yours and if that is what you like, then have fun :)

also, that white integra close to the beginning was the shop car where i work.

Back