6GA Suspension Diversity Poll

What's your current/most recent suspension setup?

• Function & Form Type 1

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • Function & Form Type 2/2.5

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Tein Basic

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Tein Super Street

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • AMR Coilovers

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • D2 Coilovers

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • BC Racing Coilovers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Megan EZ Streets

• Tanabe Coilovers

• KW Coilovers

• K-Sport Coilovers

• Koni Sport + Ground Control

• Other Shocks + Ground Control

• Tokico HP/Springs

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Tokico Illumina/Springs

• Koni Sport/Springs

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • KYB/Springs

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other Coilover

• Other Shock/Spring

• OEM suspension

Votes: 24 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bax

Reaction score
Re: 6GA Supsension Diversity Poll

Type 1s bang bang!
Can I vote twice since I've had two cgs with two different sets of Type 1s? :lawl:

edit: I vote for this thread to be stickied. It would be a GREAT resource for new members trying to see what suspension is the most common. Also it wouldn't fall pages back into the subforum so more people will see it and vote, making the poll even more accurate.

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
6GA Supsension Diversity Poll

I wish voting twice or changing a vote would be possible.

It'd definitely make everything more accurate especially for those who change their setup

Bax

Reaction score

I wish voting twice or changing a vote would be possible.

It'd definitely make everything more accurate especially for those who change their setup

I'm glad nobody can vote more than once. Some douchebag would mess it up and vote like 8,000 times for oem.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score

Good point... Then I guess just change it :lawl:

The option for more than one vote was available but.. The douchebags haha

Either way unless some sorcery comes around, it ain't possible.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I know this sounds noobish, but can somebody lecture me what's so special about AMR's?? (a lot of ppl went / switched over to those, when they were introduced, but I'm just curious & have been wondering why.)

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score

They're great build quality, some will argue otherwise, and you pick the spring rates. And they have dampening.

I'm pretty sure that's it.

001Stunna

Reaction score

I know this sounds noobish, but can somebody lecture me what's so special about AMR's?? (a lot of ppl went / switched over to those, when they were introduced, but I'm just curious & have been wondering why.)

Product wise - They are built to order(at least from what is told). They are monotube. They carry a lifetime warranty even though reading the warranty policy is a MUST to be clear on things. They are supposed to be built here in N.A. . The owner claims they have never had a blown damper. Their dampening is much more precise and distinct(8 way adjustable but each click makes a big difference). They use hyperco or swift springs at customer chosen rates. Recently the owner claimed a customer can choose to ditch the stupid 'C-lock with a screw' lower perch design for a normal double perch lock design. Recently on their FB page they also claimed to offer the ability of a customer to choose damper overall height to cater to customer needs. Overall the product doesn't have many flaws aside from needing washers as it rubs on endlinks, the pre-mentioned C-lock lower spring mount lock, and some reported of clunking noises which could be attributed to spring bind or simply due to having chosen extremely stiff spring rates.

Company wise(be prepared!) - The owner has commitment issues to his deadlines, a short temper, will never accept he is wrong, may/will treat you like an idiot if you question him even though you are paying 1200-1400 for the product, may send out the wrong product at first, may give you excuse after excuse on why your product is delayed.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Thnx, Shawn.

@ Stunna: So, as far as I understand, pretty much everything can be adjusted to customers' needs except for the good service. That's sad.

Back