7th Gen: Oil life question, wrench light

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Whats up guys this thread is actually for my father he drives an 06 Accord EX V6 with about 45k miles. He's been having an issue where not even 2,000 miles after an oil change his "oil life" indicator reads 5% and throws the wrench light. I remember times he's even told me right after an oil change it would read a low oil life. My grandfather drives a twin Accord of his with half the mileage and has never had that issue. Could it be a malfunctioning sensor? Does anyone know?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the wrench light is like the maintenance required light, im pretty sure. for the oil life percentage thing, i have no idea, haha.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
yeah I told him to just take it to honda but I figured I could try this board first.. I love it though I drive a 6th gen, then we have 3 7th gen EX V6's in my immediate family.. its great lol

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
did he reset the maintainence light after the oil was changed? :thinking:

and wat does oil life indiscator at 5% represent? :eh: does tht mean 5% of oil has been used up?

finch13

Reaction score
No, it means 5% oil life is left. You could try posting this on hondaaccordforum.com and searching over there ( the search is broken, but I have a link in my sig over there).

We just discussed the oil life thing a while back, I'm sure someone could answer your question.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
It's a 7th gen, it's an early sign to return it now and get a non-ugly Accord like a 4th or 6th gen.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
It's a 7th gen, it's an early sign to return it now and get a non-ugly Accord like a 4th or 6th gen.

I love my dad's 06 Accord he's got the 17in wheels, silver with black leather and navi, fog lights, tinted 35% windows all around.. and its quick as hell for an automatic

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I love my dad's 06 Accord he's got the 17in wheels, silver with black leather and navi, fog lights, tinted 35% windows all around.. and its quick as hell for an automatic
you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig

sweet I have been waiting to use that line for awhile now.

Back