7th gen shifter install?

storms

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Well I recently received a 7th gen shifter and cables for free, from an old family friend. While I'm still in the process of collecting parts to do the 6spd swap, watching redriders thread closely, I just wanted to know for those that used the 7th gen shifter which holes you lined up and what ones I should drill? Just want to make the job easier later down the road!

Thx for your help!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you talking about the console shift lever, or the shift arm on the tranny?

storms

Reaction score
Talkin about the console shifter. I know that by using this shifter and linkage I don't have to weld the pin on the accord transmission shift arm. I just have to drill 1 or 2 holes for were the shifter bolts to the floor just not sure which holes to line it up with!

So not too much longer for your swap EH!! so jealous...LOL

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Gotcha. I'm not sure either. You could try asking NASOHC, he did RJ's (TheHunter) 6spd swap w/Accord shifter/cables. Or I'm sure it has been discussed at one point or another on V6P.

Define "longer". lol I was really hoping to do it earlier, but the weekend we picked really makes the most sense.

storms

Reaction score
Ya I pm NASOHC a week before I posted this, but have yet to hear back. Ya I looked through v6p but they only mention using a passenger side hole but nothing else..

As for defining "Longer" well it's only a few more weeks and not months or a year....LOL I only work 30 hrs a week so for me getting the parts takes longer. I was hoping to do this swap this year but we will have to wait and see. Maybe my friend at Honda can get me some more free parts :lolhitting:

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Cool, congrats on stocking up on parts for this swap.

Since you're planning on using the 7th gen shift assembly and cables, make sure you either get an Accord tranny (non-LSD) or an 04-06 TL-S tranny (LSD) to avoid having to mod the pins on the shift arms.

The 7th gen shift assembly can be bolted into your stock 6th gen location, but the driver-side front hole will not line up. Most just use the three that line up, since it positions the shift assembly perfectly in your center console, and leave the one unbolted. If you are a perfectionist like me, you will just drill a hole, add a spacer, and bolt all four down. Either way is successful.

GL on the swap! Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
As for defining "Longer" well it's only a few more weeks and not months or a year....LOL I only work 30 hrs a week so for me getting the parts takes longer. I was hoping to do this swap this year but we will have to wait and see. Maybe my friend at Honda can get me some more free parts :lolhitting:

Getting a full dropout is the best way to do it, if you can. It wasn't an option for me since I'm traveling to do my swap.

Most just use the three that line up, since it positions the shift assembly perfectly in your center console, and leave the one unbolted. If you are a perfectionist like me, you will just drill a hole, add a spacer, and bolt all four down. Either way is successful.

Sounds like me. btw did you use Innovative motor mounts? If so, did you use 60A or 75A?

storms

Reaction score
Thanks bro that is exactly the info I was lookin for :bowdown::bowdown: Ya I have a bud up in Edmonton Alberta (8 hour drive north east of me) that has a couple leads on accord tranmissions, unfortunatly finding one under $1100 in Canada is proving difficult, but not impossible, the TL and CL usually go for no less then $2000.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Sounds like me. btw did you use Innovative motor mounts? If so, did you use 60A or 75A?

Yes I do have the Innovatives, and I'm running the 60A's. I chose them for a few reasons, but mostly because my car isn't a "race-car" and I drive it daily, so I didn't want to my brain to rattle/vibrate/etc.

Most of the people who run the more aggressive durometers are doing so because the 1st gen Innovative mounts were a terrible design that ate the 60A's like candy. The 2nd gen mounts are a much more thought-out design, so the higher durometers aren't necessary unless you want to feel every crank revolution in your driver's seat.

If you get them, just make sure you don't buy the CLS-6 mounts, as they are the ****ty old design. Place the order specifically for the 2nd gen ACCORD mounts and you'll be set.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you get them, just make sure you don't buy the CLS-6 mounts, as they are the ****ty old design. Place the order specifically for the 2nd gen ACCORD mounts and you'll be set.

Yeah Nick was complaining about the 60A's, but he must have been talking about the 1stgens.

Alright, so clicking through their links brings up this: (which don't appear to be V6)
http://www.innovativemounts.com/searchresults.asp?cat=33

And searching for Accord V6 mounts brings up this:
http://www.innovativemounts.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=98-02+accord+v6

Is the 2nd one the ones I want? Or would it be better to call them and say I want the 2nd gen Accord mounts?

Last edited:
Back