7th gen test drive

Sonnick

Reaction score
So I test drove the 07 Sedan 6spd (didn't have any coupes)..and I ****!n loved it! I couldn't get over how much torque it had. Every gear pulled no matter what rpm. 6th gear at 30mph (about 1500rpm), still pulled at 1/4 throttle. And it's fasttttt..1st gear is sort of long compared to the 6th gen 4cyl 5spd, but it rips through 1st and 2nd. By the time the wheels stop spinning in 2nd you're already doing 50; and 3rd gear I was caught off guard because when I shifted into 3rd I was actually put back in my seat. Something that NEVER happened with the 6th gen 4cyl 5spd. I wasn't even put back in my seat when shifting to 2nd.

One question I have..is how the fcuk you v6 guys say the J30 has no torque. Try driving the 4cyl 5spd and then the J30..and then tell me the v6 doesn't have any torque. At least with the 6spd, it has great torque.

Not only did it drive great, it felt great, the interior is perfect, the gauges are beautiful, and the ride was smooth as hell. You literally can barely hear the stock exhaust when normal driving too, very luxurious feeling. All in all, 2 :thumbsup:

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
people always wat more, its just relative, im thinking of selling my supercharger that I haven't even put on for this very reason, im happy with what I have and just want to pay some stuff off.

Itchthus

Reaction score
Well have you driven the J30A1?

You're talking about the J30A4, which eliminated most of the problems on the J30A1. So.. basically when we V6 people say that we have no torque.. that's for the 6th generation Accords, not the 7th gen. I don't know of anyone who has complained about their 7th gen V6 lacking torque. NEVER. :ugh2:

^P.S. Nick, what are you talking about.. the SC is sold.. :lawl:

Sonnick

Reaction score
^^ Yea thanks for clarifying. Hancockd said the same thing. I've never driven the J30A1 so I have no comparison. Why don't you V6 guys just swap the A4 intake and exhaust manifolds?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
nice...thats the only 7gen id go for.

too bad a cl-s would be cheaper and has an lsd...sigh...

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
are there two threads??? i swear i posted a reply in this thing buuuuuut i dont see it.. lol

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
stfu
i saw the same thread title after i hit "new posts" so i looked at it again....and to my surprise my post was not in it...:squintfinger:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
stfu
i saw the same thread title after i hit "new posts" so i looked at it again....and to my surprise my post was not in it...:squintfinger:
lol yeah I did the same thing, I was like wtf I swear to god I just posted in this thread.

Back