8GA Brakes Fit 6GA??

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Would the brakes of an 8th Gen Accord fit onto a 6th Gen Accord, and do they do aftermarket pads for them??
Only reason I ask is I had my car parked next to my brother in laws 8th Gen Accord the other week and noticed that his brakes were about 13" goin by the eye-o-meter - They made my 12" 5 lugs look tiny in comparrison!!
I was wondering if it was a possible upgrade..... surely it would be cheaper option than a big brake setup??

Your thoughts and opinions welcome!!

GlassJAw

Reaction score
DC5 Brembo's don't directly bolt up either..... but you can manifacture a bracket to suit:thumbsup:
Perhaps the knuckle would fit??

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
sounds like you need to steal your bro in laws car and just try it...if it looks like a bracket can be made then your good to go...it shouldn't take that long to check it out...

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Never thought of doing that, may have to get my Vernier Callipers out and measure everything up. I have a mate that can get the Rotor sizing..... its just the callipers that will be the problem.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Already priced a kit...... pretty much want my baby as a down payment - roughly $3k

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Would 1" bigger rotors really be worth the work? Just buy a kit made for your car.

Already priced a kit...... pretty much want my baby as a down payment - roughly $3k

Plus, using 8th gen rotors, replacement parts would always be available vs. me not being able to find rotors for my AEM bbk...

The bracket would be easy as pie to machine... you just need to find a buddy with access to a CNC miller.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Plus, using 8th gen rotors, replacement parts would always be available vs. me not being able to find rotors for my AEM bbk...

The bracket would be easy as pie to machine... you just need to find a buddy with access to a CNC miller.

Thats the main reason for my enquiry, I was also thinking companies like Brembo would most likely be making blanks for the new generation Accords shortly if they haven't already.
Are V6 5 lug brakes approx 1" bigger than the i4 items??

I see lots of people doing the 5 lug swap and having better brakes from doing it, so I guessed that if they saw a marked improvement over standard with a 1" rotor size upgrade, then surely 1" bigger than my current ones would be that much better again??
(i.e. should be able to disperse heat a bit better??)

Back