98 accord LX stock headunit keeps flip flopping!!

payndew

Reaction score
:thinking:ok guys so its 2011 almost , and Im still stuck in the 90's with a casette adaptor for my ipod to run in a casette powered stock head unit from my 1998 accord lx. Recently the casette adaptor started flipping and flopping! meaning it just changes sides on its own and then after about 4 seconds it just ejects itself, i did some research and i hear that they're prone to this issue so i went out and got another cassette adaptor thing from walmart for 11 that has a 3mm on one end and a caseettte on the other for those of you that dont know what it is. the feared happened next, the thing did the same thing again!! So i went and returned the casette adaptor and got another one of the same thing, just to give my headunit the benefit of the doubt, but same issue :( .. Anyoen know whats wrong with my head unit? thanks so much guys, its boring listening to hot 97 bc they keep playin the same **** over and over ARGGG!

imaricer:)

Reaction score
hey instead of wasting your money numerous times on a cassette adaptor you should go back to the car audio section in walm mart and look for a lil black box called a scorcshe FM TRANSMITOR. it plays ur mp3s over a specified radio station...

it works really good and there are no wires necassery just 2 AAA batts...

payndew

Reaction score
@ imaricer dude, good idea but i hope its not gonna be all staticky like ive heard

J30MAN

Reaction score
@ imaricer dude, good idea but i hope its not gonna be all staticky like ive heard

my moms tried many different ones and its real tough getting it to be crystal clear. the channel that starts to work wont always be static free. there a pain. but im not saying don't try it...cause it may work for you.

imaricer:)

Reaction score

my moms tried many different ones and its real tough getting it to be crystal clear. the channel that starts to work wont always be static free. there a pain. but im not saying don't try it...cause it may work for you.

you just have to put it on a local station that never has anything on it just static... with mine u barely heard static... with some devices tho u might hear a slight ringing but once the music plays u barely hear it... u just gotta tune ur mp3s EQ settings till everything sounds good

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Why don't you just go buy a $100 dollar radio from walmart or somewhere that has the mp3 adapter on it?

J30MAN

Reaction score
actually thats a better idea. but id shop around obviously first. cause i got a "last year model" Alpine HU for 120ish. and the Alpine cord was only like 20. when i bought the stuff in 08" at Best Buy.

2fast4all

Reaction score
MP3 compatibility and USB is a MUST for my needs now a days...

I will go aftermarket for those features, If I need to :D.

Back