98 accord no spark no fuel

lodown

Reaction score
I am needing some help here my 98 was running great with no starting or dieing issues. I drove about 30 minutes shut it off and came back about 15 minutes later and all it will do is crank over. I have checked all the fuses. I am getting power to the coil but nothing out, I also undid the fuel line at the rail and cranked it over and am not getting fuel. I was told it was the ignitor in the distributor and that didnt do anything. That was before I checked the fuel. I have also checked the coil and it tested ok. Doing some searching and I am leaning towards the main relay. Am I headed in the right direction I need to get the car running. Thanks for any input.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Main relay or ignition switch, get your vin check to see it if the ignition switch was ever replaced, there was a recall on it few years back. If it has never been replace, any Honda dealer should be able to do it for you for free.

lodown

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, I am going to check out the ignition switch also told the solders get weak and break.

001Stunna

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, I am going to check out the ignition switch also told the solders get weak and break.

Ignition switch you replace...main relay you can resolder/replace.

Does your main relay click on when you turn the key to 2nd position? You should hear it or feel it if you touch the relay with your hand as you turn the key.

lodown

Reaction score
well today I did something I should have done when the car quit running the other day. When my mechanic here at the shop ran the codes he just said they came up manufacture specific. Well after replacing the main relay and nothing changing I hooked up the scanner and reread the codes and the first code came up P1607 (ECM internal circuit failure). I did check out the ignition switch and was told to look for cracked or broken solder or burn marks which mine is free from both. I am wanting to pull the ECM but not sure what is the easiest way to get it out. Needing more direction, Thanks

lodown

Reaction score
ok I replaced the ecm with another ecm with the same serial # (came out of an identical car) still the same problem as before turns over but no fire. The green key is flashing on the dash now. I know the key and the ecu have to have the same code to work. I checked the igintion switch plug and it looks good no bad solder, burns or loose connections. I also tried a main relay and that didn't make a difference. Is there a way to get the key and the ecu working together without going to the dealer or locksmith? I'm running out of things to try and from what I've searched so many different answers.

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Did you test / can you hear your fuel pump? check the fuel circuit. and you're sure you aren't getting actual spark?
You said no fuel came out.. cogged filter..pressure reg, just work your way up the system.

lodown

Reaction score
yes fuel and spark have both been checked, and i have neither. i'm working off the P1607 code

Long's99

Reaction score
Let's hope your chip in your key didnt fry.. just saying because thats what happened to me.. well my plastic cover on my key broke off and the chip fell out and dissappered.. so yea

lodown

Reaction score
just an update I scored an ECM at the pull a part (for 10 smackers) with the same serial #, took it to the dealer had it flashed ($100) a new map sensor ($71) and she's running fine. The original ECM had just petered out.

Back