98 Accord v6 distributor cap grommet?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it should fit around the terminal where the wires hook into the distributor.

since i dont have a V6, i cant tell you how exactly...but it will be obvious if you leave it out and slip the cap on temporarily. cant remember on the 4cyl exactly, but i think it just slips into the groove on the terminal.

sorry for the link...the grommet should fit into the groove shown by the red arrow.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/040fgd3ef

simplicity

Reaction score
The 4 cylinder actually doesnt have this piece...I also have an 01 4 cylinder and ordered a kit for it and did not see this.

Thanks for the link, that's where I thought it went too....but I didn't see an existing one there and when I tried to fit it around the connector (Igniter Unit#6)...it wouldnt wrap all the way around (this thing has a cut in the middle so it isnt solid all around).

I just put everything back for now without it and it seems to be fine....I'd still want to figure out where though....

I'll take it apart tomorrow again after work and try to fit that piece where you pointed and play with it....

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
whoops i forgot to mention the blue arrow in the picture...i was wondering if that was a cut in the grommet. yeah, that would lead me to believe it slips in that groove.

i could swear the 4cyl had one...maybe not. haven't been in the distributor since december...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
its just there so big **** cant fall into the housing and get smoked by the rotor or break off a point.

now that i have some coffee in me, the 4cyl just has a plastic flange on the terminal that butts against the cap. it's not very tight...you can wiggle the connector quite a bit :lawl:

i actually have the perfect stuff to make one from :lawl: its a sheet of flexible rubberized foam, probably 8x12"...from a craft store :jae: should be like $2.50, then you can use the rest to shove between interior panels to kill rattles (which the accord has no shortage of).

simplicity

Reaction score
Just an update. So staring at it again I realized that this piece is indeed between the housing and the igniter unit (part # 6). Since I didn't remove it this was not obvious. I ended up not touching it and left it alone as I did not want to remove the igniter unit. Put everything back and called it a day.

Back