98 honda accord v6 engine swap????

datcubanboi

Reaction score
ima start car reck digging today lol ima about to search for the parts list so i can start getting them all

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Search car-part.com and check the diy section for the parts list. I'm pretty sure theHunter made a list, if not you can pm him.

BigAnt

Reaction score
If you want to do a 6spd swap the cheapest transmission would be a 03-07 v6 accord. They are around $600-$800.

As for the engine, rebuilding yours would be the best option since you want to put a supercharger. Rebuild it with good quality parts and a nice tune.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
No lsd in that trans though, if my memory serves me correctly. Not as much fun ant. Also, a rebuild would work but cost a hell of a lot more and take more time. With a supercharger he won't be able to run enough psi to facilitate forged pistons and whatnot. A stock rebuild would suffice, but a new engine would be faster and less headache.

BigAnt

Reaction score
I know the v6 accord transmission don't have a lsd. but if money is problem for him, he should go with that. as for the engine, i know just dropping a new engine is cheaper and easier. i like to do things right when it comes to the engine. with a good rebuild he would probably put more power then with a stock j30a1 and a supercharger.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
I definitely see where you're coming from, but if that were the case then he should go with a j32a2, probably be cheaper thena a rebuild. IMO.

BigAnt

Reaction score
j32a2 would defintely be the way to go. if he really wants a j32a2 with 6spd. he should try finding a cl-s 6spd. that's totaled from the rear and just swap everything into his accord. that's what i am planning on doing once i get a 4dr v6 accord this coming january.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
It would work better in your coupe. The cls was a 2 door. When I swapped the cls eng and trans in my tl, my back windows and locks wouldn't work. Now that I have a dx, that **** doesn't matter lol.

Back