98 v6 battery power

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
so im on my 3rd 6th gen (two 98's and one 99) this is my first v6 and i love it but one thing i have noticed with all of my 6th gen's ive had is that the electrical power real sucks. When i put my windows up or down my headlights and all the lights in the car dim and at night its sooo noticeable. Ive always wondered if there is a way to help this situation, my battery and alternator are fine but just curious.

Narftastic

Reaction score
so im on my 3rd 6th gen (two 98's and one 99) this is my first v6 and i love it but one thing i have noticed with all of my 6th gen's ive had is that the electrical power real sucks. When i put my windows up or down my headlights and all the lights in the car dim and at night its sooo noticeable. Ive always wondered if there is a way to help this situation, my battery and alternator are fine but just curious.

i have the same issue but it doesnt realli bother me lol
im guessing a grounding kit would help alot

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
i have the same issue but it doesnt realli bother me lol
im guessing a grounding kit would help alot

yea who knows i mean i know its not a problem but it just feels/looks like all of the car's energy is being sucked out while simply putting my window down.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Our alternator can only put out so much power. Upgrading your grounding kit to a 0/1 gauge wire will help, but not as much as you would expect. It's worth an upgrade thpugh if you have spare time.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
The big 3 should help. I only did the big 2, it helped somewhat, and it took only 10 minutes to do.

Back