98 V6 in Aus! Preping for hi-end SQ stereo

syd-monster

Reaction score
Hello Accord folk, thanks for taking the time to look.:)
This is my first thread into this awesome forum you guys have so let me know if there is nooby laws to abide by. I tried a search first, got some answers but here are some Q's, I have if I may.

I have a right hand drive (US built) 1998 6th gen Honda Accord; 3.0Lt V6 and the 4sp auto stock standard as sold here by Honda Australia. I plan a competition level semi-stealth sq orientated type system; 3-way active front + the ussuals. It's not necessarily going to be a SQ comp car that I plan to build, but being a former installer thats the level of finish Im aming at, thus looking for tips from others that have played with these cars. Integration/oem look would be high on my list of priorities.

- What sort of power does the OEM Alternator put out?
- Anything particular when doing the big-3 to look out for?
- Honda's of old seemed to benefit greatly from deadning, anything in particular that stands out in these particular cars? (it has sunroof)
- Generally speaking the kick panels seem smallish (for 3-way active front) any specific driver locations to long term trial?
- Is the kick an OK area to air-saw at as long as I re-inforce afterwards?
- How difficult is it to remove the entire dash? Is it worth while in terms of both deadning & perhaps dash mounted speakers (via enlarged grills)
- Is there a link/thread to help find oem looking trim materials?
- Is there a weak link in the electrical/harness that I should cure now? (i know about the dash transistor issue)
- Were is the factory central locking controll module and how/what pins/cable can I use to connect it to an aftermarket alarm/imobiliser?

Sorry for the 101 Q's, but I'd like to learn as much about these vehicles before installing. Any suggestions any of you have would be much appreciated, or if youd just like to share your experiance with these cars. Thanks in advance! Cheers from Sydney Australia!

lyttleviet

Reaction score
Hello Accord folk, thanks for taking the time to look.:)
This is my first thread into this awesome forum you guys have so let me know if there is nooby laws to abide by. I tried a search first, got some answers but here are some Q's, I have if I may.

I have a right hand drive (US built) 1998 6th gen Honda Accord; 3.0Lt V6 and the 4sp auto stock standard as sold here by Honda Australia. I plan a competition level semi-stealth sq orientated type system; 3-way active front + the ussuals. It's not necessarily going to be a SQ comp car that I plan to build, but being a former installer thats the level of finish Im aming at, thus looking for tips from others that have played with these cars. Integration/oem look would be high on my list of priorities.

- What sort of power does the OEM Alternator put out? <100A for sure more like 70-90A. If you want a nice system upgrade this as well..
- Anything particular when doing the big-3 to look out for? Basic big 3
- Honda's of old seemed to benefit greatly from deadning, anything in particular that stands out in these particular cars? (it has sunroof) Deaden the trunk lid, doors inner and outter skin ALOT on both mainly. Roof if you want to remove headliner
- Generally speaking the kick panels seem smallish (for 3-way active front) any specific driver locations to long term trial? I haven't ran 3 way yet.
- Is the kick an OK area to air-saw at as long as I re-inforce afterwards? Ive never done this so I can't help there
- How difficult is it to remove the entire dash? Is it worth while in terms of both deadning & perhaps dash mounted speakers (via enlarged grills) It isn't that difficult but you don't need to deaden under there for sure.
- Is there a link/thread to help find oem looking trim materials?hmm.... most people dye and paint after they cut something up and mold it or wrap it in vinyl.
- Is there a weak link in the electrical/harness that I should cure now? (i know about the dash transistor issue) Not that I have ever ran into in my 15+ systems I have installed in this vehicle
- Were is the factory central locking controll module and how/what pins/cable can I use to connect it to an aftermarket alarm/imobiliser? I don't install alarms yet sorry :(.

Hope that helps!!!

Sorry for the 101 Q's, but I'd like to learn as much about these vehicles before installing. Any suggestions any of you have would be much appreciated, or if youd just like to share your experiance with these cars. Thanks in advance! Cheers from Sydney Australia!

everything is answered in ur edited post as much as I knew anyway.

Back