98CG5's EX 2.3L

98CG5

Reaction score
Re: 98CG5's EX 2.3L Sedan

Just ordered my KSports this morning! Cant wait to get them...I'll be ordering my BaysonR coupe lip on my next check....

98CG5

Reaction score

Springs showed up today!!!! Picture in a few...follow me on IG @thatrealfdot

98CG5

Reaction score

My springs came yesterday. Dont know when I will install tho...ordering my front lip next week, and I dont know if i will get black housings or not...depends really. I dont want to be tempted to get HIDs.

98CG5

Reaction score

All of the pin striping is off and I got some SOHC VTEC decals in the mail yesterday...

I will be on stock struts, but I dont know when I'll be installing them...Im thinking of waiting until Spring, by then I might just get some Tokico Blues. I really want some CL wheels.

truWarier02

Reaction score

You'll blow your stock struts pretty quickly with those KSports and Tokico blues are only OE replacements. You really should have just saved money until spring time and bought full coilovers then.

You can buy Megan EZ Streets for $650 or less. They have adjustable damping, which for that price, is worth it. It's not too late to sell those KSports springs though. :thumbsup:

98CG5

Reaction score

I dont want full coilovers...the car has 290k+ miles on it. I only plan on having the car til Spring so Im not spending too much money on it, to be honest. Just want to do a few things to it.

I see too many times where folks say the same thing over and over, "Get Coilovers, you'll be better off..." I will invest that much money in a car I plan to have for more than two years or so. I like this car but its a daily beater. Now, I may upgrade the struts, I may not. I don't know yet...

truWarier02

Reaction score

I dont want full coilovers...the car has 290k+ miles on it. I only plan on having the car til Spring so Im not spending too much money on it, to be honest. Just want to do a few things to it.

I see too many times where folks say the same thing over and over, "Get Coilovers, you'll be better off..." I will invest that much money in a car I plan to have for more than two years or so. I like this car but its a daily beater. Now, I may upgrade the struts, I may not. I don't know yet...

I can understand your situation but reason we tell people that is because most people who start off with springs end up with coilovers soon after. That's why we steer people towards that direction in the first place, which ultimately saves time and money having to swap your suspension again. Besides, if you're going with new shocks, your total spending would be in the ballpark of full coilovers.

If you're not upgrading your shocks though, then cool... you're saving ~$400 compared to buying coilovers. Just giving you advice as I had no intentions of bashing you in the first place.

98CG5

Reaction score

Yea...Im just trying to figure out which struts to get. I was thinking of getting Illuminas for the front and Blues for the rear. I hear that the KSport front springs are a bit soft...

shyste

Reaction score

also want to get myself some Acura rims

Back