99-03 TL Front End

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ive thought about it, like if its even a possible swap. i never really have seen anyone talking about it, but do you guys think a 2nd gen (i think?), 99-03, TL front end would swap onto our 6th gens? they are essentially the same car, right? i know the frames might be a little different, but you guys think it would work without some like custom fabrication? i think a 6th gen would look pretty sick with a 99-03 TL front.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, heres a REALLY quick PS i threw together, i didnt have the right angles to make the couple pics work with eachother, but heres what i thought looked best out of the mess. and the colors are different too, but this is just for show.

accordwithtlfront01.jpg

Neight

Reaction score
I've wondered about that idea too sketch, I was also thinking about taking a 99-00 tl grill, cut it and fit it on the 98-00 sedan. That might work. if I only had an old bumper to play around with.

Telri

Reaction score
From what I can see you wouldn't be able to do it with out some kind of custom fabrication. The TL fenders look to use different mounting points than the 6th gen's. Additionally the way the fender meets up with the A pillar is different on the TL and Accord. The hood mounting points are similar, but the TL's uses a ball stud that we don't. Then there is the bumper, just about everything is different.

cdubb77

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
well, heres a REALLY quick PS i threw together, i didnt have the right angles to make the couple pics work with eachother, but heres what i thought looked best out of the mess. and the colors are different too, but this is just for show.

accordwithtlfront01.jpg

Sorry Andy but that looks ghey. :p

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fenders, hood, bumper, core support, and headlights. Everything else is just getting it all to mesh together.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I like it but thats just me, but I dont think the body lines would line up right if they are even the same height

Back