99 accord tranmission advice

retro

Reaction score
i have a 1999 accord sedan LX 4 cyl automatic

last week i heard a noise coming from under the hood when in park. being the anal freak i am i took it straight to the dealership for them to look at. They tell me its a bearing in the transmission and that i need to replace it.

Knowing better i took the car to some good ole boys that are honda certified to get a second opinion. they called back this morning saying it was the transmission BUT they could not tell what it was unless they were to take it out and open it up.

they also said the recommended to just drive it till it started going out because there was no telling how long till that happened.

while this is cheap and easy to do its going to bug the hell out of me knowing somthing will go wrong at some point.

anyone ever been through this i know these trannys are **** and have a horrible history

i would almost be inclined to get it fixed just so im not bothered by the noise every ****in day

what do yall think is the best way to go about this ?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
lol Sonnick

If it were me, and I had the funds, and I knew that it was inevitable that my tranny was going to go out, I would just have it fixed. You don't want to get stranded somewhere.

I say if you have the means, go ahead and get it fixed.

Welcome to the site BTW.......

retro

Reaction score
first of all im not new i just lurk quite a bit and the search tool only work s half the time.

thanks though and yeah i think im going to get it fixed regardless one i dont want anymore damage then i already have and two i have children and cant be driving a car thats not reliable

also whats the price diff to have them put in a manual and the components needed

if i do replace it i will most likely drop in a manual tranny

Sonnick

Reaction score
Price depends on tranny, etc. The parts are in the link I just gave you.. :squintfinger: proved me point quite nicely :coffee:

But a ballpark price is $1500-2000 I believe, when all said and done. Plus, the difference from auto 4cyl to 5spd is pretty d@mn big. Good luck with it and definitely get it fixed ASAP being that you said you have children.

retro

Reaction score
Price depends on tranny, etc. The parts are in the link I just gave you.. :squintfinger: proved me point quite nicely :coffee:

But a ballpark price is $1500-2000 I believe, when all said and done. Plus, the difference from auto 4cyl to 5spd is pretty d@mn big. Good luck with it and definitely get it fixed ASAP being that you said you have children.

your link no worky BTW

:thumbsup:

Back