99 coupe v6 ex F/G box pics 56k beware

djpm05

Reaction score
What are you using to put the resin onto? I've used a few different things where I work, but I usually use fiberglass for even just that part of it.

Scott P

Reaction score
Heh yup. i'm an original ICIX'er, There since day one.

in my car i used fleece as a base to start with, which I admit, was slightly unconventional. I had a method to my madness though. I was not going to do anything to hard mount the box, meaning if I have to take it out on the fly all that would require would be to pick it up. Thus I needed a way to make sure that it wouldn't go anywhere while driving, so I used the fleece because of the coarse texture that it ends up with, along with the shape of the box. I was successful if anyone cares (which I doubt).

Actually I love how it sounds. I'm not going to out hit anyone (I have 2 10's front facing) but as it is set up no matter how loud I have it, the bass stays perfectly blended with the mids and highs to give me a beautiful soundstage that never sounds bad.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
well, i'm sure if you use vinyl or other fabrics to cover it up, just wonder how it would feel because on the second to last picture, it looks like there's bumps on it. it wouldn't look good even when carpet is over it. but yea. =)
Those bumps arn't that big, for carpet it's fine. If you wanted to paint it, it would look like ****. Or cover it in a thinner fabric. But there is no point wasting time, and materials especially, if it won't look any better. Carpet lets you be much more sloppy with your work with no side effects. Just needs to be smooth enough.

My only complaint is the shape could have been a bit better around the subs. Something stretched tighter would have looked better imo.

angelplus

Reaction score
Wow, thats a great job. I would like to know where you found the fabric to make it so flush and stock looking ;) Well, other then the fact that there are two huge subs in the back, it looks pretty stock IMO, great job bro, hope they sound as good as they look!

Back