99 EX won't warm up

tacomeat

Reaction score
Hey there. Recently developed issues w/ my 99 EX 4 cylinder. Car just won't heat up in cold weather. Water temp takes forever to climb, and never gets to normal running temp and the heat never blows hot, warm but not hot. Water temp also drops rapidly when the heat comes on. Coolant was low and I topped it off w/ a 50/50 premix and it isn't as bad but it's not where it should be. I was thinking maybe I just need to bleed the system, probably air in there somewhere. If anyone else has experience with a similar issue I would appreciate input. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Possibly a bad thermostat. The thermostat is supposed to impede coolant flow to the radiator when the water temperature is low. If it's not doing its job, and allowing the water to flow constantly, then it's going to take a long time before the system has any heat.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
My Camry is like that. Simple thermostat fix. My stat was stuck open. I could let it warm up and as soon as I started driving I could see the gauge dropping.

tacomeat

Reaction score
Got an OEM replacement from dealer as local car part store part didn't look like pics in DIYs. Maybe 2 hour job. Worked a charm thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back