A clean engine is a happy engine....

lambchop4life

Reaction score
speaking oF oil This might be a noob question, is there really a different between name brand DINOsaurus oil and / autozone oil? i only ask cuz it cost me 12 buck for filter and 5quarts of Autozone oil compare to 25 with some brand name.

finch13

Reaction score
You get what you pay for. At least get Valvoline SynBlend and a non-Fram filter. Hell, the Wal-Mart SuperTech filters are made by Wix and are fairly good (and cheap). I've used FoMoCo Motorcraft Full Synthetic before, it was $12 for a 5 qt. jug (no idea why it was so cheap).

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
You don't really need to use any special oil in our cars. I've always used whatever 5w30 is on sale with a fram filter. My accord has 142k and runs smooth as silk.

lambchop4life

Reaction score
I dont know about other people here, but i went from Full dino oil to half/half of syn and crude, when i made that swap my engine started leaking, my guess is that the syn molecule is way to small and the winter was not helping the Rear main seal o-ring at all, so i had to switch back to full dino to control the horrible leakage. lesson learned dont go synthetic on 100k plus motor

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I dont know about other people here, but i went from Full dino oil to half/half of syn and crude, when i made that swap my engine started leaking, my guess is that the syn molecule is way to small and the winter was not helping the Rear main seal o-ring at all, so i had to switch back to full dino to control the horrible leakage. lesson learned dont go synthetic on 100k plus motor

http://www.aircooled.net/gnrlsite/resource/articles/synthoil.htm said:
Synthetic oil causing oil leaks is another commonly spread myth. The truth of the matter is that if all your engine seals and gaskets are in good condition, synthetic oil will NOT leak in your engine. The myth started because on occasion, an engine will leak with synthetic oil, but not dino oil. The reason for this is that the smaller molecules of the synthetic are able to get past very small crevices, where the larger molecules of dino oil cannot. But this does not mean that the synthetic oil has caused the leak, it simply has "discovered" an infant leak, and regardless of what oil you are running, this infant leak will eventually grow to a size that will allow dino oil to occupy and pass also. Synthetic oil has not been shown to deteriorate engine seals or gaskets. It is not some evil solvent that will break down sealant, or anything like that. Like was said earlier, it is just a man-made base stock, that is uniform and smaller in molecule size than dino oil. Nothing more, nothing less.

See Above.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I bought my oil at www.handaaccessories.com

I bought a pack of 6 honda filters for 26$ and the oil is around 3$ a qrt.

Yeah I know TYC's arent the best. But two years ago I did not know about this site and they were the best thing on the market that required little modification to work with HID's. The light-output is very decent. There is a straight cutoff. its not like a retrofit but its 100% better than running HID's in a reflector housing. I know, because that's how I used them at first before getting the projectors. Too many people complained about the lights, and by the time I lowered my lights down it was no better than normal halogen lights. When I got the TYC's I get way more coverage without blinding other drivers. I'll do a retro fit when these TYC projectors have had enough of HID lighting. Two years tho and they still don't have any problems.

I did not even use simple green to clean my engine. Just covered up some electrical parts and used a pressure washer with warm water.

Last edited:
Back