a couple issues....

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
1. my AC line has a leak near the condenser (prob hit a rock or something)... when i turn on my AC, i see freon (or some white smoke) leaking out... so, can i just use JB weld to cover the hole n call it a day? or must i replace specific parts? :skurred:

2. been having this issue for a while now... basically, i can't fill up my gas tank to full level.... anytime there is more than 14 gallons in the tank, i have these issues:

a. car has a difficult time starting up... it will crank, but it takes a few times to get it running....

b. even if it starts up, it idles low and feels like it wants to shut off... even if i step on the gas pedal, it takes a while b4 the motor reacts to the added gas..... if i dun step on the gas, 80% of the time the motor will shut off.... i usually need to WOT the car for a few miles b4 it idles normal

c. sometimes after filling up, it starts up fine... but if i shut it off for a while and restart it again, (a) and (b) repeats itself

I hear the fuel pump when i turn the key to 'on' position.... but when i open up my gas cap, i never hear the hissing caused by the pressure build up... is it the gas cap? :thinking:

btw, i am running an oem h23 fuel rail n obd1 h22 injectors

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
1. my AC line has a leak near the condenser (prob hit a rock or something)... when i turn on my AC, i see freon (or some white smoke) leaking out... so, can i just use JB weld to cover the hole n call it a day? or must i replace specific parts? :skurred:

2. been having this issue for a while now... basically, i can't fill up my gas tank to full level.... anytime there is more than 14 gallons in the tank, i have these issues:

a. car has a difficult time starting up... it will crank, but it takes a few times to get it running....

b. even if it starts up, it idles low and feels like it wants to shut off... even if i step on the gas pedal, it takes a while b4 the motor reacts to the added gas..... if i dun step on the gas, 80% of the time the motor will shut off.... i usually need to WOT the car for a few miles b4 it idles normal

c. sometimes after filling up, it starts up fine... but if i shut it off for a while and restart it again, (a) and (b) repeats itself

I hear the fuel pump when i turn the key to 'on' position.... but when i open up my gas cap, i never hear the hissing caused by the pressure build up... is it the gas cap? :thinking:

btw, i am running an oem h23 fuel rail n obd1 h22 injectors

It sounds like the gas tank isnt being pressurized properly. Symptom "C" sounds like its struggling to make adequate pressure when the tank is full. And after your car has had time to sit, the pressure is lost. When your tank is half empty or so youre tank might still be leaking, but youre car has had a chance to build up enough pressure to allow the flow of gasoline.

I am wondering if you let your car sit with a half tank for a while if it would start again.

Anyways, You should hear a hissing sound when the car has had some time to burn gas and build pressure. Try testing it when ur car has driven about 35 miles or one gallon of gas to hear a pressure release when u remove the cap.

I don't know what kinds of mods you have done to your car, but your supposed to get a CEL for an evap leak in your tank. I know because I have had one when the gas station attendant did not completely close my cap.

About the a/c leak, you can fill the condenser with this stuff that's colored so u can find exactly where the leak is coming from. If your going to JB weld it, i would also ad an adhesive wrap of some kind to keep the weather from getting on the JB weld. Make sure if you have an aftermarket intake, its not banging against the lines. That can cause leaks too.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
as long as my tank is less than 14 gallon, it can start/run fine... tht includes letting it sit on half a tank of gas

i never got a CEL for an evap leak.... i did have a issue with the evap system a few yrs back where i had to replace the charcoal canister....but no issues/ CEL currently

i am running a hybrid motor... h23 head, stage 1 cams, obd1, etc....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
with #1 roy, even if you patched it, youd have to probably get it refilled. so youre better off just taking a/c off and wire tucking the bay, hahahaha

shavedaccord

Reaction score
That A/C line is under A LOT of pressure, so I would replace it. Replace your gas cap.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
that a/c line is under a lot of pressure, so i would replace it. Replace your gas cap.

+1

Personally, I would not lose sleep over it. If ur car does fine below 14 gallons then leave it like that. You might not have a CEL because ur OBD1. But since u have a hybrid motor it leaves too many gaps in troubleshooting the problem. Maybe if you can buy a new gas cap and it will solve the problem. Then maybe look into your fuel rail. I am not sure bro... lol u probably know more than me.

Last edited:

cajun

Reaction score
I agree with shavedaccord - replace the line or you'll end up having to mess with it again. You may want to bring it to a shop ($$$) unless you know someone with A/C eqpt. You'll need to evacuate whatever is left in your system, replace the leaking line and the receiver dryer (good idea whenever you open your A/C system), pull a vacuum on the system for 30+ mins to remove moisture and then recharge it.

Last edited:

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
^ agreed considering the symptons of A thru C...as far as the AC line....i got a new one replaced by Ken for like 75bucks or something.....give him a call...now that ur in La Mirada he's not that far of a drive

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
^ agreed considering the symptons of A thru C...as far as the AC line....i got a new one replaced by Ken for like 75bucks or something.....give him a call...now that ur in La Mirada he's not that far of a drive
yea, but $75 is 750 ramens that Roy could be eating. I don't think he'll go for that. :p

Back