A couple pics with my new camera

sydkck67

Reaction score
I just bought a new camera and decided to try it out with some night shots. c&c welcome.
DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

Camera is a Nikon P500, pics taken in night portait mode.

Some pics from today,
DSCN0420.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

DSCN0361.jpg

Last edited:

sydkck67

Reaction score
I have a tripod, but it's just a cheapo that I have had for a while. It's no where near steady, which I think is causing the out of focus look. My next purchase will be a better one.

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Stick it on the tripod, set the cam on a timer and snap a picture that will tell you. Could have just been the night portrait mode you used.

sydkck67

Reaction score
The first few without my brother's coupe in the background were on the tripod. However knowing how to use the camera would benifit me the most... :fail:

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
The first few without my brother's coupe in the background were on the trypod. However knowing how to use the camera would benifit me the most... :fail:
Always use a timer or remote when on a tripod. Just pressing of the shutter button is enough to cause motion blur. Also if that camera has any type of image stabilization you'll want to turn that off as well when using a tripod.

sydkck67

Reaction score
I knew I forgot to do something... I'm going to have to write myself a cheat sheet on what to remember...

turbo_911

Reaction score
I have a trypod, but it's just a cheapo that I have had for a while. It's no where near steady, which I think is causing the out of focus look. My next purchase will be a better one.

I have a cheap tripod that I bought for $35 and it is pretty sturdy. If using tripod, try to use either remote or auto timer, because when you press the button and release it, you are causing camera shake. Also when on tripod, you have to turn stabilization off...

sydkck67

Reaction score
I'll try again tonight maybe, see if I can put everyone's suggestions to good use. Thanks guys.

Back