A donk... or a classic?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i think it would be considered a "donk" just cause theres not really a name for that car...like bubble or box or whatever...

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
but wait if its a buick no matter how high it is its not really a donk. donks are the nickname for impalas. like the 70's impala is donk and the 90's impala is a bubble..lol i read that somewhere

Yea you are exactly right...There are actually names for every setup

donks are for the 70s body style chevy
box is for an 80s chevy
bubble is the 90s impala

I cant remeber the rest

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
LOL yea there are sooo many of them here im used to it...I should start taking pics. There is a reeses peices donk raised 6inches i beleive and my car got about half way under his

juicebox00

Reaction score
How do you figure?

Looks like a GSX to me....
69BuickGSX.jpg

okay mr. buick noob..lol. a real black GSX would have a red pin stripping like it does, but would have the pin stripping around a yellow racing stripe. next, there is NO such thing as a real GSX convertible, the highest model to sport a soft top was the GS and i couldn't see anyone wrecking the value of a real GS by trying to make it look like a GSX which allows me to assume that this was originally a skylark. And that picture shown above is a different color than the OP (as you probably know) and even has the racing stripe which should have led you to realize that OP doesn't have a 100% original based paint job. And no one in their right mind would get their GSX repainted incorrectly because that alone would take away a lot of it's value. Also, that rear view mirror that it's sporting is a skylark mirror.. :) :owned:

zzhold3.jpg

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
okay mr. buick noob..lol. a real black GSX would have a red pin stripping like it does, but would have the pin stripping around a yellow racing stripe. next, there is NO such thing as a real GSX convertible, the highest model to sport a soft top was the GS and i couldn't see anyone wrecking the value of a real GS by trying to make it look like a GSX which allows me to assume that this was originally a skylark. And that picture shown above is a different color than the OP (as you probably know) and even has the racing stripe which should have led you to realize that OP doesn't have a 100% original based paint job. And no one in their right mind would get their GSX repainted incorrectly because that alone would take away a lot of it's value. Also, that rear view mirror that it's sporting is a skylark mirror.. :) :owned:

zzhold3.jpg

:D Thanks for pointing that out, I iz classic car noob. Seriously, my Grandpa rattles on about them all day and it goes in one ear out the other...

juicebox00

Reaction score
:D Thanks for pointing that out, I iz classic car noob. Seriously, my Grandpa rattles on about them all day and it goes in one ear out the other...

No worries, i kinda cheated cause i have this sitting in my garage right now..lol
P1010046.jpg

it's a skylark done up nice

Back