A little delay on 100k mile maintanence ?

J30MAN

Reaction score
Youll be fine, +1 on RedRyder, I was told 105k also.

My parents bought my car back in 02' with 2x,xxx and still have all of the service records and I was looking through everything before I got the car and it said my Timing belt, water pump, etc. was changed at 75,xxx. Is there a reason Honda changed it so early? It currently has 128,xxx.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
wow i change mine ever 60 k miles
i do it my self some not like im losin money lol

and my buddy drove his 95 model for like 150k b4 changing it lol
that thing was all dry roted and worn, ticking time bomb around 120-150

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Ur still safe about 5k over. Anything more than that depends where and how u drive.

dcmystery21

Reaction score
I would cut slits into the timing belt to check for wear inside the rubber. Another option would be to cut off a few teeth to check.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
lets put it this way. when I bought my car it had 160k on it and the only thing i did was change the oil. still ran perfectly fine when I pulled the engine at 260k timing belt still looked good as well.

I would cut slits into the timing belt to check for wear inside the rubber. Another option would be to cut off a few teeth to check.
please tell me that wasn't a legit suggestion....... :eh:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
lets put it this way. when I bought my car it had 160k on it and the only thing i did was change the oil. still ran perfectly fine when I pulled the engine at 260k timing belt still looked good as well.

My car is a ticking time bomb.... :lawl:

Pretty sure I'm still on the original one at 160k... I beat the hell out of this thing every day...

Chris Vu

Reaction score
haha .. you guys are insane :p imma do it soon when they get the parts in tho. i like the peace of mind lol

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Don't know if the same thing goes for you guys state side, but Honda here recommends a timing belt change every 100,000km's or every 5 years (not many people here know about the 5 year rule) - whichever comes first. Which would mean the Euro R is coming up due for a belt change in another year or so.

Back