A Walk In The City... 6/15/09

xluben

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys... C&C is always welcome too :D
What is going on in #2?

Is it just me or is the focal plane about 5ft in front of you, and basically the entire picture is out of focus?

Looks like you got a bunch of noise in #11, like, crazy noise.
Oh my, yes you should of seen the noise. I had to recover the halos, then I pushed the fill light to nearly 100% just to get the body to show up, plus luminance noise reduction and color noise reduction are at 100% as well... and I couldn't find my noise ninja plug-in :lawl:

It's decent coming from a nearly black photo originally.
Sounds like a good case for manual mode! Or at least exposure compensation. Noise usually doesn't bother me too much though.

(BTW, I didn't check any EXIF on these pictures, not sure if it's even available.)

finch13

Reaction score
What is going on in #2?

Is it just me or is the focal plane about 5ft in front of you, and basically the entire picture is out of focus?

Sounds like a good case for manual mode! Or at least exposure compensation. Noise usually doesn't bother me too much though.

(BTW, I didn't check any EXIF on these pictures, not sure if it's even available.)

I see how you would think the focal plane is as close to me as possible... but the light pole is in focus and that was the subject. I don't know why the bottom of the light post is OOF... maybe the focal plane is off kilter on the vertical axis as well...

I shot the headlight that way on purpose... I'd would rather not blow out the halos and severely underexpose the car, knowing I could push the car in photoshop later on. Plus, all the M3 shots were taken in under 5 minutes... the guy left his friends to come over and let us get some more "exclusive" shots, we were happy that he moved the car for us since he was in a hurry.

Back