acceleration problem

white beauty

Reaction score
wussup guys....for a few weeks now my car seems to be having difficulty accelerating...the pedal just feels extremely heavy and if i gun it at a wrong time the car bogs out. The car also has a slight vibration when passing 3k rpm, i can hear it and feel it in the pedal. i tried using all the engine and fuel cleaners...z max, and seafoam included, nothing seems to work. My intake piping has a small hole in it that i patched up...i doubt its that tho. if anyone has any suggestions as to what it is and how i can fix it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

finch13

Reaction score
Good place to start is making sure the EGR system is clean. And that's quite a bit of work...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
alright thanks guys....any other suggestions???

Ur pedal might be heavy because of build up in your butterfly thats making it sticky. Also maybe clean ur throttle spring of all grease. You cant just pour something in your gas tank or use sea foam once and expect all your troubles to go away.

You need to diss-assemble the throttle body and clean all the gunk and goo out. I would also recommend doing the intake manifold as well.

The vibration may be from something else. You should start one by one and we can tackle that problem later.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Hey, I'm thinkin this sounds alot like a bad catalytic converter possibly... Especially when you mentioned the above 3k thing and the "bogging" at WOT.

Any check engine codes from either of you?

Back