Accord 98 5MT, Rear Engine Mount Replacement

sanchdaniel

Reaction score
Any one know how to replace a rear motor mount without having to remove the intake manifold? I was looking at the instructions in my helms manual and it said to remove the fuel lines, intake, and all kinds of other stuff I'd like to avoid doing, if possible. The book also said I could remove it from the bottom, but that it would be tight.

Does any one know if their is a DIY to remove it from the bottom?

I want able to find anything with the search tool.

I used these words in the search tool:
replace rear motor mount
replace rear engine mount
engine mounts
motor mounts

Edit: Just incase.
Accord 1998 Coupe
5 Speed Manual

Last edited:

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
I don't think there's a write up but I'm guessing the reason why you have to remove intake manifold is to have room to play if I'm not mistaken but I think there one bolt behind the the rubber bashing and its might be impossible to reach or feel for blinded. Just be sure to have a jack supporting the motor when replacing the mount

F23A1AT

Reaction score
It can be removed without having to remove the intake, etc. The job definitely isn't easy but it can be done, I did mine not too long ago. Don't let my username deceive you I have a MT.

You'll need an *** load of extensions, get the swivel ones from snap-on. These bolts can accessed from the top.
IIRC the mount to subframe bolts are 14MM
Support the engine with a floor jack!
The mount bracket needs to come out with the mount, it will not come out by itself. Unbolt the bracket from the engine and tranny.
Take the through bolt out as well keep the two parts together loosely.
Twist and turn till they come out.

GL reserve a few hours for this job if it's your first time trust me.

sanchdaniel

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the help. I was able to do it with out taking out the bracket. The hardest parts were putting the thru-bolt back into place, and putting the driver-side bolt back on. Took me about 2 hours, but it wasn't that hard, just tedious.. But its done! I was going to take pictures for a DIY, but my GF left to play with the kids. :(

Thanks again.

It can be removed without having to remove the intake, etc. The job definitely isn't easy but it can be done, I did mine not too long ago. Don't let my username deceive you I have a MT.

You'll need an *** load of extensions, get the swivel ones from snap-on. These bolts can accessed from the top.
IIRC the mount to subframe bolts are 14MM
Support the engine with a floor jack!
The mount bracket needs to come out with the mount, it will not come out by itself. Unbolt the bracket from the engine and tranny.
Take the through bolt out as well keep the two parts together loosely.
Twist and turn till they come out.

GL reserve a few hours for this job if it's your first time trust me.

Back